Chapter 469- 471

Chapter 469: The Jiahe Chamber of Commerce

The bird flew into a branch of the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce located in the capital of the Luohai Kingdom. It was a large manor house. On either side of its front gates was a stone statue of a mythical beast symbolizing good fortune and prosperity. People going in and out of the house were all successful merchants in the capital.

The bird flew into a corner of the chamber of commerce which nobody was paying attention to, and then someone caught the bird and detached a roll of cloth from the bird's leg. Then he unrolled it, glanced at it and set the bird free. After destroying the piece of cloth, he left the corner in haste and went to a secluded courtyard house in the chamber of commerce.

Seen from the outside, this courtyard house was rather run-of-the-mill, except for its high outer walls and vast size. There was no well designed paths or deluxe furnishings. Hardly anybody would notice this courtyard house. Also, it was isolated and normally nobody would come to this place.

The man first greeted the two guards on duty at the front gates. "Guard Zhao, Guard Zhou, I just received a message and I'm here to seek an audience with Childe Ling."

"Please wait a moment, Chairman Lian."

"Thank you."

The chairman of the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce was a renowned figure in the capital of the Luohai Kingdom. Merchants and even the monarch's relatives had to show him some respect. However, on this occasion, at the front gates of this courtyard house, he was, in a deferential and humble manner, waiting for permission to go inside.

The past five years, apart from frequent frictions between the Wan Kingdom and the Luohai Kingdom and the rejuvenation of the Great Wen, had also witnessed the rise of a new force – the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce, which had branches in all the three countries. Within merely five years, it had achieved the feat of having its caravans travel to every area of the three countries and at the same time opening stores in all important cities and towns of the three countries. The commercial forces it had united were amazingly powerful – one third of all successful merchants of the three countries had joined the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce, which was why the organization had quickly grown into an enormous trading power within five years.

Also because of this, many people had been paying special attention to and making speculations about the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce. Some said that it had originally been a Jianghu sect; some others believed it had been founded by the richest family of one of the three countries; there were also some who claimed that it had a royal family member as its prop. In a word, there were a large variety of rumors about it, but the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce was totally unaffected and thriving. There were intense conflicts between the Wan Kingdom and the Luohai Kingdom near the border, but caravans of the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce could always safely get through. Its business was booming, and more and more people were coming to know about it...

Currently, hardly anybody in business hadn't heard of the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce.

The headquarters of the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce was located in not one but three places – the capital cities of the Luohai Kingdom, the Wan Kingdom and the Great Wen, which seemed to be the reason why nobody was sure about the identity of the founder, or the owner, of the Jiahe Chamber of Commerce.

Businesses affiliated to this newly emerged organization had sprung up all over the three countries over the past five years, striking the attention of the world.

And now, a leading figure who wielded enormous power within the chamber of commerce was respectfully waiting for the owner of a nondescript courtyard house to give him the permission to enter. Hardly anybody, if told about this story, would believe it.