Chapter 532- 534

Chapter 532: Extermination of the Royal Family

Ling Zhang's sword strikes accompanied by a field of internal energy, just like the air he was emanating, were as powerful and unstoppable as thunderbolts. He was moving so nimbly and swiftly that none of the arrows could approach him. One moment he was here, but the next he materialized on the back of an enemy's horse, cleanly slitting the rider's throat with the blade of his sword.

Due to what he had been through in recent battles, each and every stroke of his sword was fatal. If he had an opportunity to kill the target with one blow, he would never let it slip away and deal the target a second blow to finish him off.

Several cavalrymen at the front fell off their horses without notice before those behind them could see how their opponent attacked, blood spattered all over the ground.

It was at this very moment that fear clutched at their hearts once again. There was a reason why Ling Zhang had dared come here to intercept them single-handed!

Ling Zhang had taken the lives of several men in the blink of an eye and was fending off the blows from those surrounding him with great ease. Watching this scene, the Fifth Prince, whose judgement was blinded by his hunger for vengeance, and who was bent on capturing Ling Zhang to force Yuwen Tong into pulling out his forces, began to panic as well. After a few moments, he finally regained his composure. "How come this Ling Zhang guy has such consummate kung fu?! Isn't he the empress?!" he said incredulously.

The Third Prince also had an ugly look on his face, his brow corrugating in a deep frown. Were they by any chance going to be killed by Ling Zhang in this place after they had had a hard job fleeing the capital and got so close to Zhangfei City?

"Join the fight, all of you. I want Ling Zhang captured, by hook or by crook. If you can't restrain him, kill him!" said the Third Prince to the rest of his guards standing beside him.

The leader of the guards also felt that Ling Zhang was no sitting duck. After a brief moment's hesitation, he sent another eight guards to help mob Ling Zhang.

But after that, the two princes had less than ten men in the vicinity of them, the leader of the guards included.

As the number of men dying to Ling Zhang's sword doubled and then trebled, the princes sent another four guards, leaving only four men protecting them!

Everybody's attention was drawn to Ling Zhang. None of them noticed that a man had quietly emerged from behind the top of a tree in a secluded corner and was now soundlessly sneaking up on the two princes!

"AAAARGH!"

An anguished sudden screech was heard. When those men spun around, the Fifth Prince had sunk to the ground, his hands holding his chest which had been penetrated by a blade from behind, blood gushing from the wound profusely.

The assailant, after assassinating the Fifth Prince, came at the Third Prince liked greased lightning. The leader of the guards, who had realized what was going on, promptly whipped out his saber and lunged at the attacker.

Yao Yi, as his blow was blocked, furrowed his brows briefly, then abruptly slapped the back of the Fifth Prince's steed and leaped up, hurling his wicked-looking dagger at the Third Prince's heart. The Third Prince tried to dodge aside but wasn't quick enough and the dagger hit his arm, almost penetrating through it!

"WATCH OUT, YOUR HIGHNESS!" the leader of the guards shouted, eyes rounding with alarm, then wielded his long knife and slashed at Yao Yi.

Yao Yi backed away a few steps, feeling it a pity that his dagger failed to take the Third Prince's life, but he did not give up and continued exchanging blows with the leader of the guards while trying to approach the Third Prince.