Chapter 352- 354

Chapter 352: Going Out of the Palace Hand in Hand

"Even if anybody found out, they would keep their mouth shut about it," said Yuwen Tong, dressing Ling Zhang as though he were a child.

Ling Zhang was kneading his waist, his mind focused on something else, oblivious of what Yuwen Tong was doing to him. "You should go back to the hall immediately after lunch. We're going out tonight, so you probably wouldn't get any time to rest the whole afternoon."

Yuwen Tong had lunch with Ling Zhang before going to the consultation hall, and didn't return until dusk.

"I had a message delivered to my family this afternoon. My grandfather said that they'd wait for us to have dinner with them tonight." Ling Zhang carried a tub of water over to let Yuwen Tong wet his towel to wipe his hands and face, and then got him a change of clothes and helped him change out of the ones he was wearing. "We'll have dinner with my family first before going to the night market."

Yuwen Tong changed and then said, "Are you hungry? Did you eat any before-dinner snack?"

Ling Zhang looked at him. "There are so many people around here watching over me. They would never let me feel hungry. It's you I'm worried about. You only had a bowl of noodle soup this afternoon, and you didn't even touch the pastries I had them deliver to you. Let's not waste any time and just get out of here. The sooner we leave, the sooner we can get something to eat."

Yuwen Tong had just fastened his belt when Ling Zhang, bursting with impatience, drew him out of the palace, heading straight for the Ling Mansion.

In order not to be recognized at the night market, the two of them left the palace in a low-key fashion, bringing only a couple of secret bodyguards.

When they arrived at the Ling Mansion, people of the Ling family all started as they saw that the two of them came almost unaccompanied.

"Why did you two leave the palace with only one guard?" asked Ling Zhaowen, looking at them, horror written all over his face.

Ling Zhaowu's eyes raked Yuwen Tong's face before he inquired, "You have some others following you secretly?"

Ling Zhaowen looked at Ling Zhaowu, confusion in his eyes.

Ling Zhaowu had no internal energy, so he definitely couldn't detect the existence of the secret bodyguards hidden in the shadows. Ji Yin, Ji Yanlai and some others present hadn't said anything yet, but Ling Zhaowu had immediately guessed that some others were covertly protecting Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong, which was something he couldn't have done without extensive experience.

Yuwen Tong started pondering. Actually he had been having some questions about his father-in-law all along. Was it even possible that a man, who once had been so bigoted and crazy as to abandon his family to seek some preposterous resurrection skill, had changed so much as if he was a different person after waking from a coma that had lasted over ten years? Besides, if someone had been comatose for over a decade, there would inevitably be a huge blank in their knowledge and experience, but his father-in-law, after coming around, not only didn't appear far removed from the present age, but also seemed to be very familiar with everything he was faced with. He had been composed all the time, and his experience didn't at all seem to have stopped growing for over ten years. But how was this possible?

Yuwen Tong couldn't help but recall the confusion he'd had back when he was in the Millennium Pavilion located in the Sanguan Mountains.

Mr. Mu had once mentioned that after Ling Zhaowu came to, apart from words about his family members, he had also deliriously said something about him failing his nephew. At that time, he and Ling Zhang had both been astonished, because it had been several years after Ling Zhaowu went missing and into a coma that Ling Maomao was born. How had Ling Zhaowu, who had never left the Sanguan Mountains before that, come to know that he had a nephew?