Chapter 262- 264

Chapter 262: The Delivery of Dowries & A Pair of Wild Geese

Yao Yi broke off in the middle of a sentence. Yuwen Tong looked at him. "Anything you feel it inconvenient to talk about?"

Yao Yi hurriedly replied, "Not inconvenient. It's just that I don't dare say for sure. This morning, Xie Shi had a message delivered here, which said that Wang Dashan and some others had been assigned by Childe Ling to perform some kind of task and their whereabouts were unknown."Update by ReadNovelFull.com

Yuwen Tong briefly paused, coming to understand what Yao Yi was implying. "Since when have Wang Dashan and his men learned how to slip away from under your noses without any of you noticing?"

"The ones who tailed them said that those men in black adopted some kind of weird method, that they unmistakably caught sight of them but the next moment they suddenly vanished." Yao Yi was also very confused and had been wondering all along what had happened.

Something occurred to Yuwen Tong and he raised his eyebrows and said, "It seems that they're quite quick learners."

Yao Yi didn't understand. "What was it that they learned?"

"Mr. Ji has been personally instructing them. As for what he is teaching them exactly, I have no idea either."

Mouth hanging open, Yao Yi recalled the miraculous skill Ji Yin had displayed in the mansion that day, and began to worry. If all those security guards became so difficult to shadow, would they still be able to keep them under control with kung fu skills?

"Don't you make me lose face," added Yuwen Tong.

Yao Yi had no choice but to hurriedly answer, "I don't dare, Marshal."

Yuwen Tong flicked a glance at him and said, "Given that it was Wang Dashan and his men who did that, there's no doubt they were following Brother Zhang's orders. Stay out of this. Pretend you're still investigating. Distract those performing the search when necessary."

Yao Yi was totally unsurprised at Yuwen Tong's decision. "Yes, Marshal."

"Have you found anything out about what my uncle is up to?" Yuwen Tong started to ask about something else.

Yao Yi answered cautiously, "I noticed that every seven days Second Master's old personal servant goes to a small teahouse located in the North Alley beside the second street in the east of the city to drink tea, and every time when the storyteller in the teahouse reaches the best part of his story and all customers' attention is focused on the storyteller, he rises to his feet and goes to the privy without fail. At first I had a suspicion that he goes there to meet someone, which afterwards turned out to be untrue. Yesterday that old servant went to the teahouse as usual and when he was heading for the privy, someone bumped into him and a bamboo tube slid out of his sleeve, which looked similar to the bamboo tube Second Young Master had carried with him in Tanyang.

Zhao Fugui once said that Second Young Master's venomous snake was capable of delivering messages, so I immediately became vigilant. Pity I was unprepared. Even if that old servant sent out a venomous snake, for the moment there's no way to find out where it went. We can only wait for him to do that again."

A frown creased Yuwen Tong's face. If that was the case, Yuwen Zhi must have been corresponding with someone in this way for a very long time.

Recollecting the layout of the surroundings of the North Alley beside the second street in the east of the city, pondering who this person that Yuwen Zhi had been corresponding with might be, Yuwen Tong eventually found that several of the residences closest to the teahouse belonged to courtiers. Another fact that rendered Yuwen Tong cautious was that this place was near the imperial palace.