Chapter 520- 522

Chapter 520: Making Out with Restraint

The others in the tent spotted Ling Zhang and rose to their feet with the intention to pay their respects to him but were spared the formalities by Ling Zhang. At the sight of Yuwen Jin's pallid face, Ling Zhang came to know that although the injury was not severe, Yuwen Jin was indeed suffering a lot from it, so he consoled Yuwen Jin, "Rest well and nurse yourself back to health. I brought you a bottle of high-quality vulnerary. It'll quicken the healing process. If you expect to fight another battle, you must not hop around in the next few days."

While saying this, Ling Zhang handed a porcelain phial to the army physician, who took it, removed the stopper, sniffed at it and with that his eyes brightened. "This is good stuff! W–Was it Mr. Mu who prepared this?"

Ling Zhang replied with an inclination of the head, "Yeah."

The army physician immediately tucked the phial into his bosom, so excited his eyes were narrowing for smiling.

"What do you think you are doing? Use it on my arm already! Don't hide it!"

On hearing this, the army physician said, "This is not a styptic drug. I'll stop the bleeding for you first and use this drug on your wound when it's time to change your dressing. So take it easy. I won't deprive you of the opportunity to benefit from this drug, Okay?"

Yuwen Jin was rendered speechless by the physician's words, strongly feeling that he deserved better than that.

Ling Zhang, inwardly snickering, patted Yuwen Jin's shoulder and said bracingly, "Don't worry. Our physicians are consummate. I'm sure you'll make a full recovery from this injury."

"Thank you for your compliment, Your Highness," said the army physician.

Yuwen Jin twisted his head aside, inwardly rolled his eyes upwards but knew better than to retort in the knowledge that he still relied on this geriatric to treat his wound.

...

Having checked that Yuwen Jin's main arteries and bones were fine, and that it would take only a couple of days' rest for him to recover, Ling Zhang took his leave after giving the vulnerary to the physician.

Mr. Mu examined the cut in his chest and, seeing that it was healing well, changed his dressing and bandaged it again.

The wound had just been dressed when Yuwen Tong returned. "Why did you redress the wound? It reopened?" he asked.

"No. I just changed the dressing," answered Mr. Mu calmly.

"It really didn't reopen. Mr. Mu checked it and then changed the dressing and bandaged it again. What about you? Why are you back so soon? Everything's done?" Ling Zhang hastened to ask Yuwen Tong in an attempt to change the topic, fearing that he might overthink the situation.

Yuwen Tong leaned his head closer and took a look. Having checked that Ling Zhang was indeed fine, he said, "Yeah. I've got the information I need about the enemy's defenses and battle plans, so I told them to regroup our troops, reward them with good food and wine and see to it that they rest well tonight. We'll have another meeting tomorrow."

Ling Zhang nodded, feeling that the soldiers had indeed had a tough day and could use a good rest.

After a full night's sleep, all the soldiers were refreshed. Early in the morning, He Xiao, Yuwen Jin and the couple of newly appointed officers started drilling them. Yuwen Jin, wearing splints on his arm which was now hanging from his neck, was in no fit state to fight for the moment, so he took on the duty of inspecting the encampment.