Chapter 244- 246

Chapter 244: Rumors

In the living room of Yuwen Zhi's branch of Yuwen family, Zheng shi smashed a teacup to pieces and spat disgustedly, "All that fuss over a small drugstore! Yuwen Tong is such an ungrateful character. Never once has he helped with our family business, and now he is openly offering support to that brat of Ling family!"

Su Yaoyao standing on the side was startled. "Aunt..."

Su Yaoyao had been staying in the residential compound of Yuwen family all along lately, keeping Zheng shi company and helping taking care of Yuwen Qi. As the saying goes, 'It takes at least a hundred days for a tendon injury or a fracture to heal.' Since both Yuwen Qi's legs had been broken, it would only take longer than that for him to recover. Zheng shi had sent for almost all famous physicians in the capital city and finally Yuwen Qi had made an acceptable recovery. However, though he could walk now, physicians had advised him not to run or jump, and he had trouble standing longer than a certain amount of time at a time. After hearing the physicians' diagnosis, Zheng shi had hated Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong for quite some time, regarding the two of them as her foes.

"Master once personally wrote to him, asking him to offer some help with Su family's business, but he categorically refused without any consideration of our face. Now he became a backer of an outsider whom he hasn't married yet, showing a total disregard for his respectability. Isn't he deliberately trying to revolt us?! Fortunately I haven't married you to him. I cannot imagine how hard life would've been for you had you married that ungrateful bastard who was heartless enough to force his uncle into breaking his cousin's legs!" Zheng shi huffed to Su Yaoyao.

Su Yaoyao had a somewhat embarrassed look on her face, what with not only Zheng shi's words but also her recollection of the apathy and disgust for her shown by Yuwen Tong on that day.

"Don't be mad, Aunt. Anger is bad for your health," consoled Su Yaoyao, massaging Zheng shi's back.

Zheng shi sniffed coldly, "How could I not be mad? Your cousin's legs..."

Zheng shi's eyes reddened as she said this. In a resentful tone, she continued, "I promise I'll have them pay for it. They want to run a drugstore in the capital city? In their dreams!"

But Su Yaoyao was somewhat worried. She still remembered the terrifying look in Yuwen Tong's eyes that day. "What are you going to do about it, Aunt?"

Zheng shi replied, "I'll make sure that country bumpkin's drugstore goes bankrupt, reduce him to a laughing stock of this city and have him evicted!"

"What did you just say you're going to do?" A voice was heard. Yuwen Zhi walked inside, looking at Zheng shi with a cold face.

Zheng shi had also come to hate Yuwen Zhi when he'd broken Yuwen Qi's legs, but Yuwen Zhi was the patriarch of this family and her husband, so Zheng shi didn't dare show her resentment in his presence for fear of angering him. She replied humbly, "Master, Yuwen Tong is such an ungrateful bastard. He's openly become a backer of that rustic of Ling family. Back then when you personally wrote a letter to him, he showed a total disregard for your feelings, but today he went to that yokel's support without a second thought. Isn't he trying to humiliate us? How can we swallow this?"

Yuwen Zhi's expression went even colder at Zheng shi's words. "So what do you plan to do?"

Zheng shi answered, "Since that country bumpkin wants to run a drugstore, we need to make sure he doesn't have his way. Qi'er suffered so much because of him. We cannot let him get away with that."

But Yuwen Zhi appeared indifferent. "All you need to do is take good care of Qi'er. Do not get involved in any other matters."

Zheng shi was unwilling to obey. "I know you promised that ungrateful bastard you won't make trouble for Ling Zhang, but as long as we do it secretly, Yuwen Tong wouldn't be able to find out. It's not like he has three heads and six arms or something. Besides, even if Yuwen Tong finds out, what could he possibly do to us without any proofs?"