Chapter 364- 366

Chapter 364: Get Up. The Show Is On

There were only thirty or so of them, the Concubine Liu and the Ninth Prince included, while the soldiers pursuing them numbered several hundreds, and the city gates ahead had been closed. They were cornered in the middle of a thoroughfare, unable to retreat to anywhere or exit the city, as though they had reached a dead end.

Fang Quan had no room in his head to wonder why these killers hadn't killed the the Ninth Prince and the Concubine Liu as he'd instructed. Despair was the only thing he could feel at this moment. He had originally believed that he had a chance of escape, but now he ended up being trapped in this place. 'I'm doomed. I'm so doomed,' he thought.

"Wha–What are you doing?!" At this time the Concubine Jin's scream was heard. With a start, Fang Quan jerked his head aside to look in that direction and saw that a killer had held a sword to his grandson's neck, in which a bloody slit could be seen.

"What do you think you're doing?!" railed Fang Quan.

"Calm down, Your Lordship. This is part of the plan. Just stay put and watch," breathed the fake prison guard that had broken them out of the Court Prison, clapping Fang Quan on the shoulder.

"AAARGH! What are you doing?! Let go of my son!" the Concubine Liu squealed again.

The Ninth Prince, who was only two years old, was drawn to the roadside, crying aloud, a sword held to his neck as well. "Mother! Help me, Mother!"

"Let him go! Let go of my son!" The Concubine Liu tried to rush to her son's help but was restrained by a man in black, unable to move a step.

At this time, their pursuers had encircled them ring upon ring. Before the soldiers could take any further action, the two young princes were forced out of the crowd, each having a sword held to his throat, the sharp blades reflecting the moonlight menacingly.

"Let us leave or see the two princes of the Zhou family die where they stand."

Caught flat-footed by this turn of events, the one in charge of the manhunt didn't dare take the liberty of making a decision and ordered a soldier to go back and report it to his superior as quick as possible.

The fake prison guard and the others... No, these killers, they were not anxious at all. It was as though they had been expecting the pursuers to send someone back to report. Somewhat confused, Fang Quan asked, "What do you want to do exactly?"

"Be quiet and enjoy the show, Your Lordship," the fake prison guard warned Fang Quan in a placid tone, twisting his head aside to look at him. At the sight of the expression in the man's eyes, Fang Quan didn't dare utter another word.

...

When Ling Zhang was pulled out of his heap of covers, he was sleepy and groggy. Looking at Yuwen Tong standing at the beside with sore eyes, he said sourly, "What are you doing?!"

Why did Yuwen Tong get up in the middle of the night instead of sleeping? What had got into Yuwen Tong? He'd been sound asleep and having a really sweet dream before being suddenly awoken, and now his temper had begun to fray.

Yuwen Tong rubbed Ling Zhang's head and then planted a large kiss on his brow. "Get up and come with me to watch a show."

"Watch a show? What's the problem with you? I was having a good sleep! If you're soft in the head, you may go out there and mess around all you want. Why wake me up as well? It's the middle of the night! What kind of show could there possibly be?!" Ling Zhang went berserk, raised a pillow and hurled it at Yuwen Tong.

Still sleepy, Ling Zhang hadn't realized what Yuwen Tong was talking about. He mistakenly believed that by 'watch a show', Yuwen Tong was referring to an opera or something. Who would stage a show at this hour of the night? Had the theatrical troupe lost their mind? Or had the audience gone crazy?