Chapter 190- 192

Chapter 190: A Surging Yearning

After informing the security guards of how things stood, Ling Zhang, following the training methods provided by Yuwen Tong, started adjusting himself to his body which now held strength of a whole new level.

What Yuwen Tong told Ling Zhang to do first was go all out to attack him. "There's no need for you to worry about me getting hurt, because currently you're not powerful enough to cause me any harm."

Since Yuwen Tong put it this way, of course Ling Zhang chose to believe him. He launched an all-out attack on him sparing no efforts.

However, even so, Yuwen Tong still deflected Ling Zhang's every blow as easy as falling off a log without even moving an inch.

Ling Zhang fell speechless.

"How do you feel?" asked Yuwen Tong. "Have you got used to your strength now?"

Ling Zhang inclined his head, a somewhat excited look on his face. "I think so."

In the past he had merely felt that Yuwen Tong's kung fu was very good, but now he came to a more distinct perception of it – if his kung fu was likened to a trickle, then Yuwen Tong's would be a mighty ocean; if his kung fu was likened to a mound, then Yuwen Tong's would be a lofty mountain. Even so, a moment ago Yuwen Tong had told him that the mental cultivation method of internal energy he was cultivating right now was more powerful than the one Yuwen Tong himself was cultivating.

This was the first time that Ling Zhang had deeply felt a surge of yearning clutch at his heart, along with... ambition. Nobody would say no to an access to power, especially power more potent than that of anybody else. This was an inborn longing. It was just that Ling Zhang had never had any clear conception of this before because of the trammels of conventional education imposed on his mind. Though he had been reborn, it was the strong desire for vengeance that had been motivating him to improve his power. This time, however, things were different. This was a very clear, very pure yearning for greater power. He wanted to surpass himself, to reach the apogee.

'If some day I do reach the top of a lofty mountain like Yuwen Tong does, what kind of scenery would I be seeing?' Ling Zhang suddenly felt an urge to find out and as well as a craving to stand side by side with Yuwen Tong on the peak to enjoy the same view.

Now he had an opportunity. What else could possibly be more exciting than this?

"Let's try again!" said Ling Zhang.

Yuwen Tong gave a smile. He sensed Ling Zhang's thirst, which was very familiar to him, for he used to be like this as well. And this time Ling Zhang's yearning was giving him a different feeling. As if affected by Ling Zhang's craving, he couldn't help but anticipate the day that Ling Zhang would be as powerful as he was, which he firmly believed would be the most exciting moment in his life.

Ling Zhang still threw every punch with full strength, and he came to a clearer perception of his strength every time he went all out. He could even feel a wave of warmth surge out of his Dantian as well as the changes it brought inside him every time he threw a punch. Now he had come to a realization of the condition his body was in.

Yuwen Tong, seeing Ling Zhang had had some acquaintance with his bodily strength, began to teach him how to control it, which was more difficult than launching an all-out attack, but this was his own body after all, so it didn't take long for Ling Zhang to get the hang of it.

"With the experience of what you've just done, you'll gradually know what to expect in different circumstances and what kind of condition your bodily strength is in without any particular extra training. You won't feel unadapted again," remarked Yuwen Tong.