Chapter 100- 102

Chapter 100: An Unfriendly Young Man

"It absolutely is. It is rumored that not long ago, Jia Yin had a tryst with some woman in a tavern. He didn't even have the patience to get a decent room and actually attempted to do that thing right in the tavern. So many people saw him on the spot but he had no shame whatsoever, claiming that he would marry that woman, that she would be his concurrent wife. Alas. He forgot that he already had a wife. It's true that only shameless people get to enjoy life to the fullest," said Zhou Xiang.

"If I were Jia Yin, I would no doubt be too ashamed to be seen by anybody and spend the rest of my life staying at home."

"That's nothing. I heard that Mrs. Jia had a fierce quarrel with Jia Yin, that their voices were so loud that people could actually hear them from outside their mansion. The moment that woman moved into Jia family, Mrs. Jia started victimizing her, which eventually caused the loss of her newly-conceived child and almost the death of herself as well. Now all residents in Tanyang are saying that one should stay as far away from Fang shi as possible, that she is even more dangerous than a yaksha(a malevolent spirit). It is said that people can stop their children from crying at night by merely saying the name of her." "If I were Fang shi, I would definitely hide myself in Jia family so that nobody would be scared by me."

On hearing this, Fang shi, who was sitting in the carriage opposite people of Ling family, went furious and was just about to storm off the carriage to swear at them when her handmaid stopped her in time. "Don't go outside, Mistress. If you do, you'll end up becoming a laughing stock of those uneducated people out there."

Qiu Bing and Zhou Xiang cooperated with each other and disclosed the disgraceful deeds of Jia Yin and Mrs. Jia one after another. They did it in such a fluent manner that it seemed as if they were professional storytellers.

'People of Jia family want to block our path? Okay. There happens to be a lot of people here. As long as people of Jia family are still in our way, Qiu Bing and Zhou Xiang will keep talking on and on. During the years when Jia family still had Zhang Chong at their back, they had done so many evil deeds that it would probably take more than a full day to expose them all,' thought Ling Zhang.

Most lookers-on lived in the east of the city, and many of them were victims of those evil deeds done by people of Jia family. The more they heard Qiu Bing and Zhou Xiang talk, the angrier they went. Eventually, someone couldn't help but throw vegetable leaves and eggs at the carriage of Jia family. Soon, some others followed suit and the carriage of Jia family became a target for a lot of residents.

Guards of Jia family whipped out their sabers with the intention to resort to violence –

"Oh. What do they want to do? They want to kill people?"

"Let them try. His Lordship is right here. They'll be locked away immediately if they do that."

Never had people of Jia family ever seen Ling family act this way. As far as they could remember, people of Ling family had always set great store by courtesy, which was why they had believed that it would be an easy job to humiliate Ling family. Unexpectedly, it was themselves who ended up falling victim to humiliation powerless to contradict.

Mrs. Jia nearly passed out due to overwhelming rage. Eventually, she gave the order to make way through gritted teeth.

"They could have spared themselves all the humiliation by doing this earlier," sneered Qiu Bing.

"You know, not everyone possesses self-knowledge." Zhou Xiang slid a sideways glance at the carriage of Jia family.

The carriage of Ling family slowly proceeded past people of Jia family. After they left, Mrs. Jia gave a cry of fury in the carriage.