Chapter 379- 381

Chapter 379: A Father-Son Dispute

The physician's voice was no longer old but fairly young. Also, he was not hunchbacked any more, and his eyes became much more penetrating than they had been a moment ago. It was as though the body beneath his geriatric exterior had suddenly been replaced by a young one.

Yuwen Zhi, who was supposed to be comatose, abruptly opened his eyes and sat up. After taking a couple of breaths, he pointed in the direction of the doorway and spat, "What a heartless creature! Did you hear what he said? Just now he was threatening me. He said he would have me carried out, hand me over to Yuwen Tong and let him exile me. What did he mean by that? He wants to trade his own father's life for wealth and status? Had I known earlier he would grow into such an unfilial son, I would never have brought him up in the first place!"

While cursing loudly, he bore no resemblance whatsoever to what he had looked like when pretending to be so sick as though he could die at any moment.

The physician calmly watched as Yuwen Zhi swore. It was after Yuwen Zhi finished cursing that the physician said, "Lord Yuwen, currently your son has got ears and eyes everywhere in this residence. Although I've controlled the couple of servants assigned here to wait upon you with Gu worms, the guards out there still have their free will and might overhear your words. If you're exposed, there might not be severe consequences, but if my cover's blown, there would be nobody helping you."

Yuwen Zhi breathed in several gasps before he gradually collected himself and then said through gritted teeth, "I had a hard job to extricate myself from the Court Prison on the pretext of nursing my cold. This undutiful son, instead of trying to figure out a way to help rid me of the accusation, plans to have me carried out of this house. He's such an ungrateful creature. Since father-son bonding means nothing to him, I'll stop treating him as my son and show him no mercy."

"What do you want to do, Lord Yuwen?" the physician asked him.

Looking out of the window with a sinister expression in his eyes, Yuwen Zhi replied, "Let's stick to the plan, put Yuwen Feng under our complete control and use him to get close to Yuwen Tong. If it weren't for Yuwen Tong, the whole country would have been in my son's pocket. Yuwen Tong ruined everything, so I'll take the throne back from him!"

It was at this moment that the physician said, "Just now I've planted a Gu worm in Yuwen Feng's body. It's Manipulation Gu. This kind of Gu worms work in pairs. Each pair consists of a Puppet Gu and a Puppeteer Gu. The Puppeteer Gu is in my hands, and the Puppet Gu is inside Yuwen Feng's body. Over time, the Puppet Gu will slowly worm its way into his head and gradually turn him into my puppet, and then you may have him do whatever you want him to do. He will be totally powerless to resist."

At first Yuwen Zhi was astonished, but then delight registered on his face. "So this kind of Gu worms do exist? They could have him do my bidding with unquestioning obedience? Can you plant one inside Yuwen Tong's body and turn him into my puppet?"

The physician answered, "I can, but we'll have to figure out a way to get close to him first. I have only two pairs of this kind of Gu worms in my possession. It took me many years to raise them. I wouldn't have used them if it weren't for the favor Your Lordship did me."

Yuwen Zhi said, "I appreciate the trouble you've gone to. You showed up in time and has been of great help to me. I promise you'll get whatever you want after my big plan succeeds, as long as it's within my power to give."

The physician said, "Thank you in advance, Your Lordship."

Suddenly, Yuwen Zhi cast a piercing look at him. "You said that the Puppeteer Gu's in your hands, but it's still kind of an inconvenience. Can you let me keep the Puppeteer Gu?"