Chapter 382- 384

Chapter 382: A Falling-Out and a Hunt for the Gu Master

Miao Shiba said to Yuwen Feng, "I'll go and find him, Your Lordship."

Yuwen Feng nodded. "Be careful."

Miao Shiba grabbed a servant by the scruff of the neck and inquired of him, "Where's the physician's room? Lead the way or I'll behead you straight away."

While saying this, Miao Shiba whipped out his sword and held it to the servant's throat. Feeling the sting, the servant was horrified and hastily answered, "I'll take you there! I'll take you there!"

Miao Shiba marched the servant away, heading for the physician's room. Yuwen Feng walked inside and saw Yuwen Zhi who was still awake.

Yuwen Zhi's face darkened at the sight of him coming in. "Why are you here? You still want to convince me to yield to Yuwen Tong? Save it. From now on you're no longer my son. Get out."

It struck Yuwen Feng that his father couldn't have said anything that was more ironic than the words "you're no longer my son".

"Father, is it true that your ridiculous pride means more to you than the lives of our whole family do?" Yuwen Feng asked him.

He had never really understood why his father had been so bitter about being left in the capital city in that year. Was going to war really a much better alternative? Both his grandfather and his uncle had died on the battlefield. Why was his father so convinced that being left behind in the capital city had been a humiliation? Wasn't everything the Yuwen family owned at the cost of the lives of their ancestors and Yuwen Tong's risking his life on the battlefield? Why couldn't his father see it? His father had even colluded with outsiders to work against his own nephew, only too anxious to see his nephew dead. And now he was even using his own son, ready to sacrifice his son's life!

Yuwen Zhi looked incredulously at Yuwen Feng who had suddenly asked him, as though he felt that this was a stupid question.

As Yuwen Feng saw this, his heart which was numb and filled with disappointment sank even deeper, hardening completely.

"Father, is my life also something you could give up at any moment?"

Yuwen Zhi's face became wary. With a suspicious expression in his eyes, he looked at Yuwen Feng and said, "What are you trying to say exactly? Stop talking in riddles."

Yuwen Feng gazed at him for quite a while before he inclined his head. "Okay, Father. Please tell me where that Gu master at your command comes from, why he is here, and why he is helping you."

Yuwen Zhi's countenance changed drastically at these words, his piercing, watchful eyes staring at Yuwen Feng. "What are you talking about? What Gu master?"

"You had him plant a Manipulation Gu inside my body. Am I still a son to you?" Yuwen Feng asked yet another question in a cool and utterly unemotional tone of voice.

Yuwen Zhi was shocked. He looked at Yuwen Feng with a mixture of surprise and incredulity on his face, unable to fathom out how his son had come to know about this matter. "How did you find out?"

Yuwen Feng fixed him with a gaze, making no reply.

Yuwen Zhi looked back at him and the eye contact lasted quite a while. Eventually, he observed, "I gave you your life. Sacrificing yourself for my cause is one of your filial duties. Now that you've come to know it, I'll be honest with you – no matter whether you're willing to accept it or not, this is your fate, and it's also something you should do."

Yuwen Feng bobbed his head. "What about my little brother? What are you going to do to him?"

Yuwen Zhi said, "Why ask? You regret it now? Unlike you, Qi'er is not a fool. Naturally he'll still be my beloved son, stand by my side and enjoy the glory we're going to achieve. He'll never be able to walk again, but it doesn't matter. He'll be the only son of Yuwen Zhi, the most honorable prince, and nobody would dare show him any disrespect."Read manga at our MangaBob.com