Chapter 558- 559

Chapter 558: Spin-Off – A Journey to the South Ocean (16)

Those from the Fangcun Kingdom arrived very early the next morning.

The King of the South Ocean and his son, along with their guards and some men from that statelet, were all present.

The king was very tall, but very fat too. He had a conspicuous pot belly, and his face was so heavy that his eyes were barely visible, and they literally turned into two slits whenever he smiled, which forcibly made people wonder whether he could smile and see things at the same time.

What was more obtrusive than his vastness was his attire. It was yellow in color, had patterns embroidered in gold thread all over it and was adorned with countless small gemstones, which were shining and twinkling so glaringly in sunlight that those looking at him felt their eyes might be rendered sightless.

Ling Zhang gasped, his eyes stinging as he watched the king heading his way from the distance.

Previously, when visiting the imperial palace in the capital city of the Great Wen, the King of the South Ocean had always worn his royal robes, which had not been so shiny, but at that time Ling Zhang had heard about what kind of clothes the king preferred to dress himself in when at home. However, during the couple of days of their wedding anniversary celebration, he and Yuwen Tong had both been too occupied to spare any time to find out what kind of clothes the king wore in informal occasions. After the celebration, the King of the South Ocean and his men had taken their leave without delay, and the two of them had never had any chances to see what the king's tastes in clothes were like.

And now, with the answer right front of him, Ling Zhang was thankful that he had not gone to check it out at that time, otherwise his eyes would have suffered greatly.

The others, like Ling Zhang, were also having difficulty keeping their eyes open, their faces wearing rather odd expressions as they saw the fatty in the distance trot towards them enthusiastically the moment he spotted them. The man was so fat that he looked like a giant ball, and the ground seemed to quake slightly every time his foot landed on it. He was not only wobbling alarmingly but also unpleasantly sparkling. What were they supposed to feel about this sight?

The King of the South Ocean, obvious of the shock he had sent the others into, broke into a trot in enthusiasm as he saw Yuwen Tong in the distance. "Oh! Your Majesty! You're really here! I didn't dare believe it when Wei Dong told me he met you and His Highness. It never crossed my mind you'd come to this place. Nothing would've stopped me from coming here to pay my respects to you last night had I known about it beforehand," he yelled.

With that, he reached out a hand to hold Yuwen Tong's, intending to give him a hearty handshake.

The corners of Yuwen Tong's mouth twitched and the handshake lasted merely a split instant before he withdrew his hand. Yuwen Tong could barely forbear from wiping his hand. What with the trot, this fatty was sweaty all over, and even his palm was wet with sweat!

The king, utterly heedless of Yuwen Tong's lukewarmness, attempted to give Ling Zhang a handshake as well but was stopped by Yuwen Tong.

Unabashed, the king laughed, "It surprises me Your Majesty are still so possessive of His Highness. I mean, even His Highness having a handshake with someone else would make you jealous. Ha ha ... "

Ling Zhang, " ... "

Why had he not discovered during the celebration that this King of the South Ocean was such a frivolous guy?

"It's been quite some time since I bade Your Majesty and Your Highness farewell in the capital city. Alas. It's true what they say, 'A one-day separation from a dear friend feels like three years'. My longing for a reunion with you two has been churning inside me like the billowy sea. It never occurred to me that I would meet you here in this place. This is such a great happiness for me!" sighed the king in a touchy-feely voice.