Chapter 397- 399

Chapter 397: A New Partnership with Luo Sang

Yuwen Tong had never mentioned to Ling Zhang anything about his intention of adopting children, which was why Ling Zhang was now quite surprised, but he felt that it was indeed the best solution.

Ling Zhaowu suggested that Ling Zhang do his best to bond with the children. Ling Zhang said, "I know what you mean, Father, but it'll take time."

Although Yuwen Tong had had the adoption planned out, it was still too early to talk about it, given the current circumstances.

This matter could wait. After all, right now he didn't even know how to take care of children. If Yuwen Tong really brought a baby to the palace straight away, he wouldn't be able to give it the care it needed, so there was no hurry about it. Children were not objects, and if he was to adopt some, he must be responsible for them.

There was, in addition, another matter. Presently he was a little unaccustomed to the idea of adopting children, faintly against it, actually.

Ling Zhaowu, who knew his son well, didn't make him start to learn parenting skills right off. He just reminded him, "Although this matter is not urgent, it won't be long before you have to face it. Both Yuwen Feng's and Yuwen Qian's wives have been pregnant for several months. Their babies would be born next spring."

People didn't have to specially make some inquiries to get information about the situation in the Abode of the Marquess Fuan (AKA the Marquess of Fortune and Peace) or the Abode of the Marquess Huaiwen (AKA the Marquess of Moderation), so Ling Zhaowu, who was Ling Zhang's father and had been paying attention to the activities of the various forces in the capital city, naturally was aware of what had been going on in the two families.

There was a moderate amount of time before next spring.

Ling Zhang said with an inclination of the head, "I know."

All members of the Ling family had been privately informed of Yuwen Tong's decision. Ling Xingzhong and Ji Yin were both very pleased with it. From the perspective of Ling Zhang, this was the best solution.

...

With Ling Zhang's return to the Ling Mansion, he and Yuwen Tong became like two "separated" lovebirds once again. For them, each day without seeing each other felt like a year.

Every night, Yuwen Tong still went out of the palace and to the Ling Mansion, had a good night's sleep with Ling Zhang in his arms and then returned to the palace before daybreak the next day.

As the wedding ceremony drew closer, people in the Ling Mansion were getting even busier. It was as though everybody had an endless list of things to do.

Ling Zhang, however, had got a lot of leisure. Seeing he was becoming an idler, Ling Zhaowu, who happened to be going to the drugstore to meet the leader of the Fangcun commercial fleet, shooed him out of the residence, intending to bring him to the drugstore.

The moment Ling Zhang left the Ling Mansion, Miao Shiba, Wang Dashan and some others followed him overtly, while some secret bodyguards followed in his wake covertly, forming a safety net by stealth.

If it weren't for the fact that Ling Zhang was sitting in a horse-drawn carriage and pedestrians couldn't see him, there would definitely have been even more guards escorting him.

The carriage reached the drugstore in the trading center located in the west of the city and then directly drove through the back gates. Ling Zhang and Ling Zhaowu entered the store and went straight upstairs.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Young Master." Wang Qing was very excited to see Ling Zhang, for he hadn't seen Ling Zhang for a long time.

"How's business?" Ling Zhang asked him. Lately his father had been in charge of all the matters in this store.