Chapter 391- 393

Chapter 391: Zhao Jiusi's and Zhao Turui's Decisions

If Yuwen Jin was to get into the top three in the Imperial Martial Arts Examination (IMAE), he would have to put more effort into practice. Given that he couldn't even defeat Jiang Yu in the kung fu competition a while ago, Ling Zhang was quite worried that he would be flattened in IMAE.

"I haven't told my grandfather about my decision to take IMAE yet. I want to talk with my cousin about it first and see what he's got to say. If he agrees, it'll be a lot easier for me to convince my grandfather. And then..." Yuwen Jin let out a giggle before he continued, "Then I'll ask my cousin to let me learn from Brother San for some time."

Brother San? The others had no idea who Brother San was and all looked at him, their faces etched with confusion.

Ling Zhang, however, knew very well whom Yuwen Jin was referring to by saying the name 'Brother San'. It was Qi San, the commander of the Shadow Battalion at Yuwen Tong's command. But his awareness of this was also the reason why he was surprised. By making these remarks, Yuwen Jin had almost made it clear that he would go to the Shadow Battalion. Though having never been to that place, Ling Zhang had a shrewd idea what the training was like in there. If Yuwen Jin did go there, would he be able to walk out of it in one piece?

"Are you sure you want to do that? This is no laughing matter," said Ling Zhang, looking at him, his eyebrows contracting.

Yuwen Jin stopped smiling and inclined his head with a very earnest expression on his face. "I'm sure. I know it'd be very difficult for me to get into the top three in IMAE if I don't do that, given my average kung fu skills. I have to get into the top three."

The others, though unaware of who the 'Brother San' Yuwen Jin had just mentioned was, could tell from the grave looks on his and Ling Zhang's faces, that this matter was not something to be taken lightly.

"Who's Brother San? Is it dangerous to learn kung fu from him?" inquired Ji Feng.

Yuwen Jin replied, "I can't tell you that, but it's not dangerous, and I have to do it."

Ji Feng and the others exchanged glances and then shifted their gaze to Ling Zhang in unison.

Ling Zhang said, "I cannot tell you guys that either." Then he turned to Yuwen Jin and continued, "If you've made up your mind, I won't try to stop you. You may talk to Yuwen Tong about it."

Yuwen Jin bobbed his head. "I understand."

Seeing this, the others were somewhat apprehensive, but they also came to realize that it'd probably be best if they stayed out of this matter, so they didn't persist with their questioning.

"No matter what, now that you've made a decision, you should just go for it. We look forward to seeing you win the title 'the Number One Warrior' in IMAE!"

Though they couldn't get any more information about that person, they still felt it their duty to give Yuwen Jin some words of encouragement.

Yuwen Jin said, "I will, and when I do..."

Yuwen Jin flicked Jiang Yu a glance and added, "Humph, I'll have another competition with you!"

Jiang Yu raised no objections.

After they finished talking about the matter of Yuwen Jin and some others, Ling Zhang looked at Zhao Jiusi and Zhao Turui. "What about you guys?" he asked.

A moment ago, when Ji Feng had been telling him about their plans, he hadn't mentioned anything about Zhao Jiusi or Zhao Turui, which struck Ling Zhang as fairly baffling.