Chapter 562- 563

Chapter 562

Yuwen Tong did have a point. Ling Zhang looked over his shoulder into the impenetrable darkness in which the path they had just just trodden was shrouded, believing that, unless he was very much mistaken, they had stepped into an Illusion Formation unawares. By now they had lingered here for a few moments, but none of the others had caught up with them, which would on no account have happened if the circumstances had been normal.

Had Yuwen Tong not been holding his wrist all along, even the two of them might have got separated.

Without further ado, Ling Zhang resumed proceeding with Yuwen Tong. Every Illusion Formation had flaws. The two of them were both observing this passageway.

After they walked for some time, a bright light suddenly appeared ahead of them without warning. Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong did not hasten up there but slowly and vigilantly approached it. It was a door which was ajar and seemingly led into a room. When the door was within their reach, Ling Zhang gingerly opened it. His hand had just touched the door when he had a foreboding feeling and promptly withdrew his hand, but it was still too late. An overwhelming wave of drowsiness swept over him, routing all his resistance efforts.

"Watch out. It's ... " he trailed off.

"Brother Zhang!"

Yuwen Tong's voice came vaguely to Ling Zhang, who, feeling Yuwen Tong's grip on his hand loosening, came to realize that Yuwen Tong standing beside him had probably fallen prey to the trick as well. The next moment, he blacked out.

After they passed out, a white light suddenly emerged from and enveloped each of them ...

"Eek? These two are pretty interesting."

A voice emanated from the shadows.

However, Ling Zhang could no longer hear anything.

He felt himself struggling before slipping into a coma. Before long, he found himself rid of the grogginess and with that he abruptly opened his eyes, instantly wide awake. "Yuwen Tong!"

But there was no hand around his wrist, and Yuwen Tong was not beside him.

Also, he was not in that passageway any longer. The surroundings ... This was so weird – he seemed to be in Shengzhou!

No. He couldn't be. Shengzhou Pass did not look like this any more. This place was more like the Shengzhou Pass that he had seen five years ago, when the three countries had not been reunified yet ...

No, that couldn't be the case either. This place seemed to be different from the Shengzhou Pass he had visited at that time as well.

Astonished, Ling Zhang perceived that he must be in a reverie. What other explanation was there for him being sent to Shengzhou Pass which was thousands of miles away in only a few moments?

"Lao Zhang, you're going downtown?"

"Yeah. Yesterday I shot a fox. I'm going downtown to trade its fur for something I need."

"A fox? You lucky dog. This piece of fur is almost intact. I think it's worth at least a hundred taels of silver!"

... Voices suddenly came from nearby. Ling Zhang looked in that direction and found that the speakers were two men in a hurry to enter the city. One of them was carrying a piece of fox fur, and the other loads of green vegetables on a shoulder pole. Both of them were from out of town and heading for the gates of Shengzhou Pass not far away.

Looking at the two of them and listening to their conversation, Ling Zhang found this reverie incredible. It was so real. He might really have been hoodwinked were he not aware of what he had been doing a few moments ago. Moreover, he keep having this feeling that there was something queer about this Shengzhou Pass in front of him, but he was unable to figure out the reason for the moment.