Chapter 196- 198

Chapter 196: A Test

Some other thoughts occurred to Ling Zhang after he heard Yuwen Jin's remarks, and with that he couldn't help but tossed another glance at Jiang Yu. 'Though this Jiang Yu guy is overweening, he's quite handsome...'

"That won't be necessary, Childe Jiang. Mr. Feng here will handle it." Yuwen Tong looked at Feng Zhangshi who was standing on the side.

With that Jiang Yu also shifted his gaze to Feng Zhangshi, who saw the well-concealed warning in Jiang Yu's good-looking eyes and immediately replied, "The professor teaching Childe Jiang is the very one I'm taking Childe Yuwen and Childe Ling to meet. The two of them and Childe Jiang will be classmates. If Childe Jiang leads the way, the three of them would be able to get acquainted with each other sooner, which I believe will do them some good."

"See?" Yuwen Jin immediately whispered indignantly. "That Feng Zhangshi guy doesn't dare cause even the slightest offence to Jiang Yu. Now Jiang Yu is getting what he wants. I don't like him, nor the idea of him coming along with us."Read more new novels on ReadNovelFull.com

Ling Zhang looked at Feng Zhangshi, who accidentally made eye contact with him. Ling Zhang's eyes seemed very calm, but Feng Zhangshi involuntarily tensed his back muscles. This pair of eyes were even more frightening than the look that Jiang Yu had given him just now. A layer of fine beads of sweat oozed out of Feng Zhangshi's back as he came to the realization that he'd pleased Jiang Yu but offended Ling Zhang. He knew what kind of person Jiang Yu was, but Ling Zhang, who had struck him as modest and courteous a few moments ago, suddenly seemed to be in a shroud of uncertainty.

Before Feng Zhangshi could figure out a way to rid himself of this dilemma, Yuwen Tong abruptly observed in a flinty tone of voice, "There's no need for that. Lead the way, Feng Zhangshi."

Feng Zhangshi jumped in the knowledge that even Yuwen Tong was displeased with him now. Too afraid to glance at Yuwen Tong's eyes or use any other finesse, he hastily turned aside and responded, "This way please, Marshal."

Yuwen Tong took Ling Zhang's hand and the two of them walked past Jiang Yu. Yuwen Jin hurriedly followed in their wake, throwing Jiang Yu a smug glance in passing.

Jiang Yu's face abruptly darkened and with that he turned around to look at the receding figure of Yuwen Tong. Seeing him holding Ling Zhang's hand, he finally shifted his gaze to Ling Zhang.

Originally students looking on nearby had wanted to gather around, but when they saw Jiang Yu rejected by Yuwen Tong, they refrained from doing so, eyes following Yuwen Tong and Ling Zhang. After appraising the two of them for a while, they looked at Jiang Yu, a mixed expression in their eyes, all kinds of thoughts flashing across their minds.

Jiang Yu watched Yuwen Tong and Ling Zhang hand in hand walk far away and then turned around to inquire of those standing beside him, "So that's Ling Zhang?"

"Uh... I think so," replied one of his lackeys beside him. None of them had ever seen Ling Zhang before, so they couldn't say for certain.

Jiang Yu's brow briefly corrugated in a frown and then returned to normal.

...

"Fortunately, you rejected it, cousin. Had you let that Jiang Yu guy lead the way, I would definitely have bailed," said Yuwen Jin, flicking Feng Zhangshi a frosty glance.

Though having been given a dirty look by Yuwen Jin, Feng Zhangshi didn't dare to utter a word in the knowledge that he had offended not only Yuwen Tong but also Ling Zhang and Yuwen Jin.

"It didn't seem like your first meeting with Jiang Yu. You two have history?" Ling Zhang inquired.

Yuwen Jin replied, "It's not me who has history with him. It's my elder brother. On one occasion, my elder brother bandied words with him at a banquet, and he snitched on my elder brother after returning home. Jiang Changfeng, that old bastard, impeached my father at a meeting in the imperial court. Fortunately His Majesty's wise enough not to fall for Jiang Changfeng's trick. Since then, there's been open hostility between our two families."