Chapter 517- 519

Chapter 517: Extraction of the Gu Worm

After ushering Mr. Mu into the tent, Yuwen Tong requested Mr. Mu to eliminate the Gu worm from Ling Zhang's body, a serious look on his face.

Mr. Mu made no unnecessary remarks and told Ling Zhang to lie down on the bed.

Then he opened his medicine chest and produced a long thin knife, the sharp tip of which made Ling Zhang's scalp prickle. Yuwen Tong's whole body tensed up.

Then Mr. Mu fished out a porcelain phial, opened it and with that a weird fragrance filled the tent. It was not a refreshing mild kind of fragrance, but an indescribable, tempting one tinged with the smell of decay. Ling Zhang began to feel dizzy after inhaling a certain amount of it.

"I've been raising a special Gu worm in this phial. In a few moments, when the Child Worm in you smells this scent, it'll start to crawl out of your body. This scent is a kind of intense stimulus for the Child Worm, so it will be somewhat agitated and exerting more strength than usual on its way out, which means you'll suffer some pain. You need to tough it out."

"It's okay. I can handle it," said Ling Zhang.

Mr. Mu nodded and went to disinfect the knife. When the knife was ready, he turned around and, finding that Ling Zhang was still fully dressed, gawked at Yuwen Tong. "You want me to undress your sweetheart?" he asked.

Yuwen Tong's face darkened and he immediately walked up to the bed to unclothe Ling Zhang, blocking Mr. Mu's view.

Mr. Mu felt that such action of Yuwen Tong's was totally pointless, because in a few moments he would have to not only look at Ling Zhang's body but also cut him ...

After undressing Ling Zhang, Yuwen Tong fairly reluctantly moved aside, his face turning serious again as he saw Mr. Mu approach Ling Zhang with his knife which briefly reflected the light from the candle placed at the bedside.

Mr. Mu softly cut open Ling Zhang's skin. The odd, distinct sensation of having his skin slit open lifted the hair on Ling Zhang's scalp, and he almost reflexively threw a palm strike at Mr. Mu which would surely send him and his knife flying. The pain was exceptionally distinct as well. He could even feel his blood flow from the cut, slowly winding its way down his chest. His face instantly tensed.

By the candlelight, the red blood stood out in sharp relief with Ling Zhang's white-skinned chest, which was quite a visual stimulus. Yuwen Tong balled his hands into fists tightly, all his muscles tense. He was even holding his breath unawares, staring fixedly at the cut, exercising all his self-restraint to keep from pulling Mr. Mu away from the bed.

Mr. Mu acted very quick. After making a cut, he immediately put that porcelain phial on Ling Zhang's chest and poured out a small amount of liquid at a spot slightly above the cut where blood couldn't flow to. The fragrance, mixed with the smell of blood, became even more pungent and Ling Zhang nearly fainted because of it. He endured the pain, rolling his eyes upwards uncontrollably.

Right at this moment, his chest suddenly started to ache badly and he felt something wriggling beneath his skin. Ling Zhang's eyes instantly widened and he could hardly breathe. This time his scalp not only prickled but also felt as though it were convulsing. It was so creepy and so blood-curdling. He would rather have a fight with someone and end up being covered in his own blood than endure this kind of spooky sensation. It was pushing his mental endurance to its limit!

That thing was still squirming, and like Mr. Mu had said, it seemed to be very restless and was rampaging around in the cut. Ling Zhang clenched his fists with all his might, subduing his urge to rip off that lump of meat from his chest and throw it away.