Chapter 97- 99

Chapter 97: Escalation of the Conflict Between Jia Yin and Zhang Chong

An official document, along with a man sent by Zhang Chong to covertly follow Jia Yuanling, came back by a fast horse of the courier station. Originally, the man had intended to wait until Jia Yuanling was escorted to the destination to rescue him. Unexpectedly, Jia Yuanling halfway.

"Are you sure it was unaccustomed climate that he died of?"

"Positive. I've already examined Jia Yuanling's corpse covertly. I'm a-hundred-percent sure. On top of this..." "Go on."

"Commander, that kick you gave Jia Yuanling in Prefecture Yamen on that day seriously wounded his heart and lungs. As a result, Jia Yuanling had severe internal injuries, which the local post-mortem examiner concluded was the root cause of his death after performing a post-mortem examination. The official document brought back by people of the courier station made this very clear. Jia family probably have already been informed of it by now." "What?"

Finally, the look on Zhang Chong's face changed. "You moron! Why didn't you stop them?"

"I beg your pardon, Commander, but the courier station delivered the document to Jia family very urgently and I didn't have enough time to stop them."

Zhang Chong smacked his palm onto the table in rage. Originally it had been a mere trifle, but the death of Jia Yuanling, the root cause of which was that hard kick he had given him, had just complicated this issue.

"Get horses prepared. We're going downtown right now."

"Commander! Jia Yin requires an audience with you." 'So soon? The dawn has just broken yet Jia Yin has already arrived?'

Zhang Chong had intended to go into the city immediately to appease people of Jia family. Unexpectedly, Jia Yin came to his encampment so soon, which reduced him to a passive position.

Face dark with rage, Zhang Chong thundered, "What's the problem with Jia Zhong? Why didn't he stop Jia Yin? Or did he come here as well?"

"Commander, word has it that last night, County Magistrate Jia took some men and went to that town to bring the body of Jia Yuanling back to Tanyang."

"Son of a bitch!" Zhang Chong cursed in fury. "Let Jia Yin in!"

Jia Yin was led into the hall. On the sight of Zhang Chong, he pointed at him and shouted, "Zhang Chong! Give me my son back!"

"What do you mean, bro? I don't understand." Zhang Chong played dumb.

"My son died on his way to the frontier all because that kick you gave him caused him severe internal injuries. You're so cold-blooded. As the man my son called godfather, you not only didn't try to help him in Prefecture Yamen on that day but also kicked him. Now he's dead because of you!

We sold all our ore to you. We trusted you and supported you. But you! This is how you treated us in return?!

Mark my words, Zhang Chong. From this moment on, I, Jia Yin, will be your mortal enemy! I will avenge my son's death!

You are not going to get a single ore from our mine ever again!"

Jia Yin blushed scarlet as he cursed loudly on and on, which made Zhang Chong's face as black as the bottom of a wok.

"Bro, there's something you need to know. Under the circumstances on that day, if I hadn't gone through the motions, that issue would never have been resolved. Besides, that kick I gave him was merely a gesture I made to convince others present. I didn't mean to cause Yuanling any harm. It was the absence of due care that caused him to die of illness, for which those Yamen runners should be held responsible. In the final analysis, people of Ling family are the real culprits who got Yuanling killed. Instead of hating them, you came here to blame me?" "Bullshit! People of Ling family are scum. You are no better than them!"