Chapter 214- 216

Chapter 214: Snowflake

After this talk with Ji Yin, Ling Zhang had made up his mind and come to know what he should do next.

The two of them took their leave. Ji Yin, though unwilling to part with his grandson, saw them out of the house.

At the front gate, they met the principal and Professor Gu. Seeing they indeed didn't seem to have any conflict, both of them felt a sense of relief, which was why when Yuwen Tong said Ling Zhang needed a few days off from school, the principal unhesitatingly gave his consent.

After the request was granted, Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong left the Imperial College, heading directly for the drugstore located in the trading center in the west of the city.

Wang Qing had been waiting for them in the drugstore. Seeing them coming, he walked up to their welcome. "Young Master, Marshal."

Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong went into the rear yard, appraising the newly revamped drugstore. The more they saw it, the more satisfied they felt, particularly with the rear warehouse, which was not only spacious but also had many newly added designs suitable for storage of crude drugs. All other ancillary facilities were also in readiness.

"... Apart from that, all craftsmen have been fully paid. The next step is to hire some sales clerks with the right expertise. I've been putting up employment ads during the past two days. Yesterday some men came here to apply. I tested them and hired two. The hiring will continue and I'll offer a chance to whoever has the requisite qualifications. After the medicinal herbs are delivered here, I'll appraise them. If their performance is acceptable, they may all stay, and those who prove incompetent shall be fired," Wang Qing reported.

At this time, Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong had walked up to the second floor of the drugstore, where there were some booths specially reserved for VIP customers as well as some rooms provided for the storekeeper and store assistants staying in the store to take care of things.

After checking the whole drugstore, Ling Zhang was very satisfied. Wang Qing, who received praised for his work, was also very happy.

"There're probably still a few days before the trade caravan departs for this city from Tanyang. You might as well pay some visits to the general storekeeper of the Jiang's Drugstore Chain and see if you can get more pointers from him," said Ling Zhang.

Wang Qing replied, "I've been in constant contact with the general storekeeper and also told him I'd pay a visit to some branches of the Jiang's Drugstore Chain."

The general storekeeper of the Jiang's Drugstore Chain had stayed in the capital city for quite some time but didn't seem to have an intention of going back to Tanyang in the near future.

"Schedule a time for me to meet the general storekeeper. I want to thank him personally after the horse race," instructed Ling Zhang.

"Yes, Young Master," Wang Qing answered.

Ling Zhang, after seeing the drugstore, began to anticipate the day when the trade caravan built in Tanyang would arrive in the capital city. He was eager to find out what the future held for this drugstore of his.

Yuwen Tong said, "Don't worry. This is such a promising commercial area, and the medicinal herbs from the farm of your family are of pretty high quality, too, so I'm sure the business will be good."

Ling Zhang beamed, "Well, that's true. Medicinal herbs from the farm of my family are well-known to locals in Tanyang."

The two of them, after leaving the trading center in the west of the city, made for the racetrack to practice riding. Because of Yuwen Tong's high rank, they entered the place unimpeded by anyone.