Chapter 19- 21

Chapter 19: Have You Ever Heard About Yuwen Family in Capital?

Within 4 hours, Jia Family, promising and powerful in Tanyang, fell down. Even Zhang Chong didn't dare to save it.

Considering the sequence of events, people would find that Jia Family was destroyed by one person–Ling Zhang.

At this time, all people who were not stupid clearly realized one thing. That Ling Zhang was not a man to be trifled with.

The young man used to be moderate and feeble. But suddenly, he became a person who took actions quickly in a ruthless way. It made many people complain in their hearts that they had misjudged him.

As the old saying went, "A man of substance doesn't like to flaunt his true worth."

Ling Zhang was praised by almost all people who went to congratulate Ling Zhaowen that Ling Family had won a lawsuit.

"Childe Ling is a talented young man. He is stable and decisive when he does things. I really admire him."

"I just participated Childe Ling's Puberty Rite a few days ago. But he soon makes us see the adult's bravery. Zhaowen, your Ling Family has gotten a qualified successor."

Hearing different kinds of praises, the Second Uncle of Ling Family was still a little confused. He knew well about his nephew. How could he not realize Ling Zhang's change? He now looked like a different man. The Second Uncle of Ling Family was, at one hand, happy about his nephew's positive change, but also worried that such change might have derived from something terrible his nephew had been through.

Ling Zhaowen just thought about it in his heart and didn't show that on his face. Decent and polite, he accepted people's congratulations and praises.

Standing next to Ling Zhaowen, Ling Zhang was not glad nor sad on his face. His movements were deliberate. However, if someone could see the emotion in his eyes, he would be shocked by the indifference and coldness.

Before Ling Zhang was reborn, these people who congratulated him had avoided Ling Family and some even had added insult to injury. Only few of them had showed kindness to Ling Family.

Ling Zhang disliked their praises. To put it simply, their praises were like the sugar that was stuck by shit, which made him feel nauseated whenever he smelt or saw it.

"Childe Ling, you impressed me today. You're definitely the grandson of Shilang (Vice Minister) Ling. It can be expected soon that Ling Family will rise to power again." Tongpan came over and said.

Ling Zhang replied as coldness flashed across his eyes, "You overpraised me. What I did is just to seek justice for myself. I don't have enough ability to manage Ling Family. Besides, Ling Family always does its duty and remains indifferent whether granted favors or subjected to humiliation. In my view, Ling Family never declines. Naturally, there is no such a thing as to rise to power again."

Ling Zhang of course knew what Tongpan really meant.

The tenure of his grandfather was very short. His grandfather got that position because of an accident, which rendered him a laughingstock for quite a while in the capital. Even now people in capital still teased his grandfather when they talked about his name.

This Tongpan used to be an official in capital. How couldn't he know what had happened in those years?

So he wasn't praising Ling Zhang when he said Ling Zhang was like his grandfather.

It was also a joke in Tongpan's eyes that Ling Family would be powerful again. Because they always looked down upon Ling Family. So 'rise to power again' apparently wasn't some sort of compliment.