Chapter 232- 234

Chapter 232: A Premonitory Dream?

Late at night. In the imperial temple.

The Ninth Princess had been having a very hard time ever since she'd been penally sent to the imperial temple to be an un-tonsured Buddhist nun. In this place, there was no magnificent palace, no high-class delicacies, and no crowds of eunuchs, only terribly ugly, grayish clothes, a changeless menu on which all dishes were bland and unpalatable, a shabby bedroom, and a reticent handmaid. To make things worse, every morning she had to get up early for Buddhist matins, and there were Buddhist vespers at night. Overall, life here consisted of only two things: Buddhist chant and trance, which were driving her crazy.

Although her mother and elder brother had been having someone covertly take care of her, it didn't make much difference. She was still stuck in this temple, and there was always someone following in her wake whenever she walked out of the main area, as if she were a prisoner never to have her freedom back.

On this night, as usual, the Ninth Princess threw a tantrum and exhausted herself before going to bed.

Incense had been lit in her bedroom. The aroma of it slowly wafted through the mosquito curtain and into the Ninth Princess' nostrils.

...

The lofty palace was right in front of the Ninth Princess and she went wild with joy. Finally, she got out of that godforsaken temple and returned to the place she was familiar with.

"I knew it. Father would never really have me become a Buddhist nun. Father still favors me!" crowed the Ninth Princess happily, hurrying towards the hall with the intention to look for her father.

On entering the hall, she found that it was full of kneeling people, all of whom were chorusing aloud, "Long live the emperor."

The Ninth Princess was startled, fearing that she had done something wrong once again and might be sent back to the imperial temple. She anxiously raised her head to look at the one sitting on the throne, but whom she saw dumbfounded her.Read more chapters at ReadNovelFull.com

"Brother?!"

Sitting on the throne was not his father but his elder brother, Zhou Mingci, the King Hui.

Her brother had ascended the throne!

Her brother had finally ascended the throne!

From now on nobody in the world would ever dare cross her!

The Ninth Princess gazed in utmost excitement at Zhou Mingci sitting on the throne and noticed that her brother was wearing a bluish white imperial robe with gold piping, which she had never seen before. She couldn't help but fix it with a careful stare. The sleeves and lower hem of the imperial robe had been embroidered with wavy dark lines to make the robe exquisite and sumptuous.

As if he had finally observed the Ninth Princess' presence, Zhou Mingci sitting on the throne said, "You came, sister."

The Ninth Princess jerked out of her trance and looked at Zhou Mingci delightedly. "Brother!"

She woke herself up with this greeting. The beautiful and imposing hall slowly faded away, and so did Zhou Mingci on the throne. Both of them were replaced by the dark bedroom, which was terrifyingly quiet.

Someone carrying a lamp walked over. The reticent handmaid asked, "Did you have a dream, Your Highness? Tomorrow the King Hui would come here to see you. You may relax and continue to sleep. Dawn will break soon."

But the Ninth Princess could barely keep from wailing. She snapped, "Get out!"

She clearly had already returned to the palace and seen her brother sitting on the throne as emperor. How come she was still in this godforsaken place!