Chapter 568- 569

Chapter 568: Daily Life (2)

The two of them fooled around the whole night. The next morning Ling Zhang did not wake up at his usual time. Yuwen Tong, after returning from the court meeting, found him still asleep but did not awake him.

Ling Zhang was having a dream about some events that had happened in the past.

It was when he and Yuwen Tong had first met.

At that time he had been mistaken about Yuwen Tong, who had plausibly pleased Ling Xingzhong who then had asked Ling Zhang to address Yuwen Tong as Big Brother.

Ling Zhang was now re-experiencing that moment in his dream. He was unwilling to do as his grandfather asked.

Yuwen Tong sought help from Ling Xingzhong, who insisted that Ling Zhang do as he said, but Ling Zhang found himself unable to utter those two words. It was as though something was stuck in his throat. No matter how hard he tried, he still could not use that form of address. On the surface he appeared composed, but in fact he was so anxious he had broken out in a sweat. 'Just do it,' he said inwardly to himself. 'Do it and it'll all be over.'

However, the harder he struggled, the more difficult it became for him to utter those words. Such was his anxiety that his eyelids were twitching. Yuwen Tong sitting opposite him hypocritically defended him, and his grandfather began to scowl at him.

"Bi–Big Brother!" Somehow he finally managed to force the words out of his mouth.

But the moment the words left him, he woke up from the dream and found himself all sweaty.

"You dreamed of the past?" A voice suddenly came from beside him.

Taken aback, Ling Zhang jerked his head aside with a start and saw that Yuwen Tong was lying beside him on his side, looking at him with burning eyes.

Ling Zhang's temper frayed as he recalled that in the dream Yuwen Tong had glibly tricked his grandfather into forcing him to call Yuwen Tong "Big Brother", which had rendered him so anxious he had almost been reduced to tears. "How do you know I was dreaming of the past? How do you know I was not calling someone else?"

Yuwen Tong's eyes squinted and became penetrating. "I doubt there's a second person who dares to have you address him as Big Brother."

Ling Zhang snorted, "You will be surprised."

Having just struggled out of that dream, Ling Zhang was fully relaxed and not inclined to move, so he, lying there languidly, said these words to annoy Yuwen Tong.

Yuwen Tong suddenly leaned over, laid all his weight onto Ling Zhang, pinned Ling Zhang's hands to the pillows and stared deep into his eyes. "Anybody who dares accept that form of address from you shall be beheaded."

Ling Zhang looked back at him. "Why are you being so possessive? Calling someone 'Big Brother' is not that big a deal."

Yuwen Tong lowered his head and, circling Ling Zhang's lips with his own, said, "I'm the only one you're allowed to address as such. Now be a peach and call me that again."

Ling Zhang, whose lips were itching for the caress, subconsciously wanted to open his mouth, but his lips had just begun to move when he cottoned on and snorted lightly, "No."

"Why?" Yuwen Tong gazed into his eyes.

Ling Zhang curled his lip. Wasn't it obvious? Under no circumstances would he grant Yuwen Tong's request so easily, not after what Yuwen Tong had done to him in his dream.

Yuwen Tong sighed, "That was the only time you called me 'Big Brother'. You've never called me that again since that day. Actually you've always called me by my full name ever since. I've been looking forward to hearing you call me 'Big Brother' all these years, but my wish was never granted."