Chapter 454- 456

Chapter 454: The Capture of Mu Rongfeng

Nobody knew when the wind had started to pick up. Outside Pingtao City, stones were driven along and sand was whirling around, hitting people's faces. Dark clouds were slowly massing on the sea's horizon, threatening rainstorm.

Only a small number of Mu Rongfeng's men were still standing. All of them were crack marines of the Luohai Kingdom, but on this day they were all going to die in this place, which naturally made Mu Rongfeng's heart ache. He'd waited for a very long time, yet there was still no sign of backup from Wang Xiangxin. If he didn't reveal his identity right away, he would have to die with his men.

"Your Highness, you must not delay any longer. The Great Wen clearly premeditated and pre-planned this attack. There's no way Wang Xiangxin could extricate himself and come to our help, Your Highness!" admonished one of his henchmen in a terribly anxious tone. "We can't afford to let anything happen to you. You must return home safe. There are so many people coveting your position back there. Don't you remember?!"

Mu Rongfeng gritted his teeth. After a fierce, long, internal struggle, he finally spoke.

"Stop! All of you!"

"I'm Mu Rongfeng, the crown prince of the Luohai Kingdom! None of you are to lay a finger on me!"

Mu Rongfeng? The crown prince of the Luohai Kingdom? Common marines and port guards of Pingtao City, all of whom were unaware of Mu Rongfeng's identity, were somewhat surprised to hear his yell.

The general directing the siege had received the order from Yuwen Tong to spare the pirate kingpin's life and was ready to instruct his men to stop after most of the other pirates were taken care of. On hearing the pirate kingpin claim to be the crown prince of the Luohai Kingdom, he came to understand what was going on.

"Stop." He gave the order and with that all the soldiers attacking Mu Rongfeng's men paused. "You said you're the crown prince of Luohai. Do you have any proof?"

"Your Highness?" one of Mu Rongfeng's bodyguards turned to look at him.

Mu Rongfeng removed his disguise and produced his ID plate. "This is my ID plate. There are only two plates of this kind in Luohai. One of them is kept in the palace; the other is in my hand. If you don't believe me, you may send someone to Luohai to verify it."

"Give me the plate."

Mu Rongfeng disagreed. "This ID plate means a lot to me. I can't trust anybody with it. You'll have to take me to your commander first if you want to see it."

Wu Zhuo had come ashore. After hearing the conversation between the two men in the front, he made towards them. The crowd of soldiers parted to make way for him. Wu Zhuo walked straight up to Mu Rongfeng, looked from him to the ID plate in his hand and then said, "I'm the commander of Haizhou navy. You claimed to be Mu Rongfeng, the crown prince of Luohai, but why did you and your men attack Pingtao City posing as pirates? What does the Luohai Kingdom mean by doing this?

"On top of that, if my memory serves me well, the crown prince of Luohai was the one leading a diplomatic corps to our country to sign a ceasefire agreement. One moment you were signing the agreement; the next you were making trouble. Don't you think you people of Luohai are too supercilious?!"

"Now that things have already come to this, it's unnecessary for you to make any more remarks in this regard. You may restrain me, but you must not hurt me. And, I want to see your emperor," said Mu Rongfeng.

Wu Zhuo snorted coldly, "We haven't confirmed your identity yet, and an audience with His Majesty is not something you can have as you please. Guards, restrain him. Make sure he's under constant watch!"