Chapter 394- 396

Chapter 394: I Won't Leave. I Won't

It took the two of them quite some time to finish the dry run. It was not until their stomachs started rumbling that they came to realize it was past lunchtime.

Chefs of the imperial kitchen had prepared a meal for them. It was after having their fill of food that the two of them felt relieved.

"This was just a dry run. I'm afraid I won't even have enough strength left to raise my hands or feet after going through the actual ceremony on the wedding day," sighed Ling Zhang, sprawling in his chair.

Yuwen Tong, whose heart ached for him, said, "After everything's done in the front hall, you may go to the side hall to get some rest. I'll give you a massage there."

Ling Zhang looked at him, reaching out a hand to knead Yuwen Tong's arm. "You're not tired?" he asked.

Yuwen Tong would have to be a fool to reply that he was tired. Knowing that he couldn't say that, he answered, "No. I won't feel tired, no matter how tiring those things are."

Ling Zhang looked at him silently. For an instant he felt somewhat guilty, wondering whether or not he was being too honest, and whether or not his words had hurt Yuwen Tong's feelings.

However, the next moment, he heard Yuwen Tong say, "You may rest assured that on the wedding day, I'll be unusually energetic instead of being tired, and I'll make sure your desire is satisfied in the nuptial chamber that night."

Ling Zhang, "..."

His feeling of guilt instantly vanished, and he would have started hurling things at Yuwen Tong had there been any within his reach.

Yuwen Tong was such an asshole and bullshitter!

Looking at his dilated eyes, Yuwen Tong secretly snickered, feeling that his sweetheart was so timid. Then he leaned over to kiss Ling Zhang but was pushed aside before his lips could touch Ling Zhang's cheek.

...

In the afternoon, Ling Zhang didn't leave the palace. He spent the whole afternoon keeping Yuwen Tong company in the consultation hall. At night, they returned to the Infinite Fortune Palace to rest.

At the sight of their two masters coming back, the guards, who had watched over the deserted imperial bedchamber for several nights in the Infinite Fortune Palace, were moved so much they were almost reduced to tears. In the past few days they had felt abandoned by their masters and been so upset as though they had lost their names.

Seeing they seemed to be touched, Ling Zhang was amused. As a bunch of rough men, didn't they feel it embarrassing to have that kind of expressions on their faces?

"Your Majesty, Childe Ling, there's going to be a lantern show in the imperial garden tonight. It'll be beautiful. Would you care to go there to enjoy it?"

Ling Zhang was somewhat surprised. A lantern show in the imperial garden?

"Why are they holding a lantern show?"

"It's a rehearsal for the lantern show scheduled for the night of Your Majesty's and Childe Ling's wedding day. The preparatory work is almost finished. Countless lanterns will be lit after dark, and it's going to be a spectacular sight. If Your Majesty and Childe Ling are interested, you may go there to take a look."

Ling Zhang didn't know much about the imperial garden, because he had been fully occupied all along ever since he'd moved into the Infinite Fortune Palace, and he had never had the time to pay a visit to the imperial garden. Besides, the imperial garden was not really close to the Infinite Fortune Palace, and he had merely passed it in haste several times, so he really didn't know what the view was like in the imperial garden.