Chapter 259- 261

Chapter 259: I'm Getting Greedier

A chuckle issued from above his head. Yuwen Tong, holding him, watched him sleeping soundly in his embrace, a smile in his eyes. Feeling Ling Zhang's subconscious trust in and dependence on him, Yuwen Tong inwardly breathed a sentimental sigh of both satisfaction and dissatisfaction. He was contented because Ling Zhang was right in his arms and belonged to him, and his heart was brimming over with affection for him; he was discontented because even though he was so happy now, he still wanted more. Hugging was not enough, and making out wasn't enough either; maybe only by merging into his lover and becoming one with him would he feel contentment.

"I'm getting greedier," sighed Yuwen Tong softly. His voice was tinged with amusement, but his eyes were filled with intense possessiveness.

The next morning, Ling Zhang woke up and found himself in the embrace of Yuwen Tong who was still asleep. He just slightly moved. And then Yuwen Tong awoke as well, and spontaneously started kissing Ling Zhang. It was quite a while before their lips parted.

"When did you return?" Though having been awake for a brief instant the night before, Ling Zhang couldn't remember anything.

"Last night, when you were asleep." Yuwen Tong fingered Ling Zhang's hairs, revealing his forehead, his eyes gleaming gently. "Originally I'd thought that I'd have a sleepless night lying in bed alone. Fortunately I made it back."

The night before, as Ling Zhang had been in a familiar bed in a familiar house which was full of Yuwen Tong's smell, he'd had no difficulty sleeping. He said, "I hereby grant you permission to take my quilt with you when you go elsewhere."

"Why would I bring a quilt when I could bring you?"

'Humph, there will be occasions when you have to travel alone,' thought Ling Zhang.

"When will you meet the captain of that Fangcun trading fleet?"

"This morning. I need to get up now."

Together, Yuwen Tong and Ling Zhang got out of bed, washed their faces, rinsed their mouths and changed clothes. Then the former said, "I had someone find me an interpreter of the State Ceremonials Department. He should be here in a while. Bring him with you. I'm sure he's more reliable than anyone you could hire."

Ling Zhang nodded. Wang Qing probably had already hired someone, and it'd be inappropriate to dismiss that person without giving him a proper explanation, so he needed to set off ahead of schedule.

"How's your negotiation with them?"

"They agreed. They and I will divide up family property and live apart after our wedding."

Yuwen Tong sounded very casual, but Ling Zhang knew the process must be quite tiring. Given that Yuwen Zhi had broken Yuwen Qi's legs to avoid being disowned, convincing him had definitely taken a lot of doing.

"What are his conditions?"

"Half of the family property."

"You agreed?"

"Money is just a worldly possession. Besides, the most valuable asset of the Yuwen family is the book chamber my grandfather left me. Everything else is secondary."

"He's also getting half of what's in the book chamber?"

"He wanted to, but of course I disagreed."

Ling Zhang felt a slight sense of relief. This was good news.

"There's no need for you to worry about this issue. Actually the Yuwen family doesn't really have many assets. Many estates and businesses are under my name and don't count as family property. He doesn't know about the existence of any of these and would never be able to get any of them."