Chapter 572- 573

Chapter 572: Daily Life (6)

Ling Zhang left the palace without bringing a guard of honor and directly went to the Ling Mansion. On that day, at the palace banquet, he had talked with his father about having the trading fleet add an extra voyage to the Fangcun Kingdom to their yearly schedule, but the two of them had not had the time to enter into details. Today he was free, so he decided to finalize the plan with his father, which would save his father a trip into the palace.

Wang Dashan and the others were all momentarily surprised as they saw that Ling Zhang was really here to confer with Ling Zhaowu about something.

"So our young master is not really angry?"

"He doesn't seem to be."

"What should we do? His Majesty sure as hell misunderstood him."

"Well, I think it's not that big a deal ... "

They exchanged apprehensive glances and then quietly averted their faces.

...

Yuwen Tong, after being informed that Ling Zhang was heading for the Ling Mansion, appeared fairly hesitant for a while, which was rather uncharacteristic of him.

Leaving everything else aside, the Ling Mansion constituted Ling Zhang's "boyhood home", and if it came to those people's knowledge that he had pissed Ling Zhang off, they would not be so keen to listen to him justify himself.

However ... the Ling Zhang he knew probably would not show any sign of his anger on his face, because if he did, he would have a hard job explaining to them why he was unhappy. Ling Zhang would never let anybody else know what had been drawn on his back.

As this thought crossed his mind, Yuwen Tong's disquiet was allayed appreciably, and he began to ponder what he needed to do to get back in Ling Zhang's good books.

Ling Zhang was angry at him because he refused to wash off the picture of peonies on Ling Zhang's back. In fact Yuwen Tong had considered effacing the picture as Ling Zhang wanted him to, but after giving it some thought, he had, knowing Ling Zhang as he had done, realized that this was probably the last time Ling Zhang would allow him to draw a picture on his back, that if he washed it off, he would regret it for a very long time, which was why he could not bring himself to do it.

...

In the imperial palace.

Yuwen Yue, having watched her father leave, excitedly set off to her big brother's place, planning to challenge him to a fight and defeat him with the two moves she had just learned.

Unexpectedly, Yuwen Qi, at the sight of her, gave a violent shudder and directly surrendered himself. "I admit defeat, Crescent. Please have mercy on me."

Yuwen Yue was stunned. The reason why she had specially learned these two moves was because she wanted to defeat her big brother fair and square. How could her big brother admit defeat when they had not even fought yet?

"You're not allowed to admit defeat. Let's scrap right now. Father has just taught me another two moves, with which I'm sure I can flatten you!" Yuwen Yue disagreed, insisting on Yuwen Qi having a kung fu competition with her.

Yuwen Qi was vexed with her. If he won the fight, Yuwen Yue might snitch on him to their father again; if he was to let her win, how to do it without her realizing it would be a tricky problem.

"No, you must have a competition with me. If you refuse, I'll talk to Father and have him make you do it," said Yuwen Yue.

Yuwen Qi, " ... "