Chapter 120

Chapter 120 The Dragon's Bed

Yan Ge had no idea what Li Xiu was thinking, but the military advisor was very worried, always feeling that Li Xiu was brewing some ulterior conspiracy. In this regard, Yan Ge is pretending to be confused, and he can't tell the strategist that since he decided to bring troops back to Beijing, he is ready to die, right?

Although he was already prepared, he had to consider the people around him, after all, they were all loyal to themselves. Yan Ge thought that as long as he helped Li Xiu clear the obstacles, and finally handed over the military power, it should be possible to exchange his own life for the rest of their lives. So he turned a blind eye to the worries of the military advisers, and only cared about eating, drinking and having fun every day.

Li Xiu felt very uncomfortable after being woken up by the minister that day. For an emperor, military power and tax revenue are inviolable prohibitions. Endless. But Li Xiu didn't know what evil it was, and when she thought of killing Yan Ge, she felt that she couldn't do it anyway.

He also comforted himself, but fortunately, Yan Ge was helping him now, and even if the ministers wanted to deal with him, he would have reason to help him.

But he doesn't dare to see Yan Ge often now, because he is afraid that someone will say that Yan Ge is charming and seduces the master. Now that the country is in trouble both at home and abroad, he has to win over people's hearts, but he can't do whatever he wants.

At the same time, a major event happened in the southwest. Because of the small southern countries such as Khmer, the southwest has suffered small-scale intrusions all year round. There is no place where the Tang army has to be stationed, and the number of the army is not weak. Although it is far inferior to the northwest frontier army led by Yan Ge, these armies cannot be underestimated. Over the years, Yang Yanqing has deliberately made good friends with Liu Chonglin, the commander-in-chief of the Southwest in order to deal with Yan Ge, and has sent many of his confidants to the Southwest. Although Liu Chonglin does not say that he has completely become Yang Yanqing's person, his preference is definitely for him. This time, Li Xiu took advantage of the opportunity of Yan Ge to lead the troops back to Beijing, not only vigorously eliminating the officials of the Yang Party in the DPRK, but even the army began to rectify. Some local troops saw that Yang's party was over, and Yan Ge was obviously hooked up with Li Xiu, and knew that trying to fight the Northwest Army with his own strength was tantamount to hitting a stone with an egg. Instead of being cleaned up at that time, it is better to voluntarily give up military power, and it is not bad to be safe for the rest of your life.

However, Liu Chonglin is different. He has also taken advantage of the rampant opportunities of the DPRK and the traitorous party to expand his military strength in recent years. He has already injured hundreds of thousands of troops. It is absolutely impossible for him to take the initiative to hand over his military power and become an ordinary citizen. He couldn't live without this kind of rich and noble life, and he felt that even if he didn't hand over the military power to the imperial court, he couldn't do anything to himself. If it was a big deal, he would go against it.

Anyway, he is backed by Khmer and other countries, and when the time comes, he can unite these small countries to fight against the imperial court. Wouldn't it be more pleasant to be the emperor himself than to look up to others?

So when he knew that the Yang Party was at its end, and that many local armies had been seized from military power, he discussed it with a few of his staff and rebelled. The banner was high-sounding, saying that the current emperor listened to the villain's slander and murdered loyal ministers and good generals, and he had no choice but to rebel.