Chapter 155

Chapter 155 The Taoist Master Comes to Receive Me 9

    Liao Yiqing spent a lot of money to buy two sets of coffins and came back, and the car that delivered the coffins could not get in when they reached the river. Liao Yiqing gave additional money and carried the coffin to the village with the coffin deliverer.

    When entering the yard, grandma was sitting on the threshold, holding a stack of white paper and scissors, and was cutting paper money. Seeing Liao Yiqing coming back, she hurriedly stood up, looking very cautious and flustered.

    Liao Yiqing didn't say anything, and made two trips to get the coffin back. Then he opened the thin coffin and put the corpses of his parents into shrouds and put them into the newly bought coffins.

    Afterwards, he set up the mourning hall by himself. He was a Taoist priest who was quite good at doing these things. When everything was done, he carried the vegetables he bought while buying the coffin into the kitchen, and simply cooked two dishes. It was placed on a very greasy table in a dark room, and I greeted my grandma to come over, and the grandparents had dinner together.

    After eating, Liao Yi cleaned the bowl and found that there was no water in the tank. There was no well in the village. He took the bucket and went to the river to fetch water. Several trips back and forth to fill the tank, and then boiled hot water for grandma to bathe.

    By the time everything was done, it was past nine o'clock in the evening. He took a shower, changed into clean clothes, and knelt down in the mourning hall to burn incense and paper.

    The village at night was eerily quiet, not even the sound of insects and birds. Liao Yiqing burned a stack of paper money and opened his eyes to himself. Yan Ge floated beside him, he looked around, Yan Ge said: "Don't look, there is no other ghost here except me."

    Liao Yiqing couldn't tell whether he was relieved or lost, Yan Ge said: "Maybe the first seven days I'll be back." The

    custom here is to have a funeral on the third day after death, and several senior brothers came that morning. They came with the tombstones they had made. Liao Yiqing cooked a simple breakfast, and after a few people ate it, they carried the coffin to the mountain, and chose a place with the best feng shui to bury it. The tombstone was planted in, Liao Yiqing kowtowed and fired a cannon, then went back.

    The brothers and sisters all have things to do, and staying here can't help. Liao Yiqing sent them out of the village, and when he came back, he saw his grandmother sitting on the threshold, looking eagerly at the door.

    Seeing this scene, Liao Yiqing felt unspeakable in his heart. He walked over and sat on the other side of the threshold, and asked Grandma what she was going to do in the future. He wanted to send his grandma to a nursing home. After hearing this, grandma just waved her hand and turned her head into the house, not looking at Liao Yiqing.

    Liao Yiqing was a little irritable, and patiently said that he still has something to do, and it is impossible to stay in this place to take care of her. Grandma nodded, stretched out her hand and pushed Liao Yiqing outside, meaning to leave if she wanted to leave without worrying about her.

    Liao Yiqing closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

    He went to the kitchen to boil water, and Yan Ge comforted: "Using cheating or other methods, it's not difficult to send her out, you don't have to be too irritable."

    Liao Yiqing also knew that if he made up his mind to send the old man out, he would be There is a way. His irritability is not in this matter, and to be honest he doesn't know why he is so irritable. These days, he thinks he has done all the benevolence and righteousness. Taoism is very particular about cause and effect. After he buried his parents and settled down with his grandmother, it is reasonable to say that cause and effect are gone, but he is just uncontrollable irritability.