Hurt

"SKULDUGGERY MORTALS" Valkyrie yelled to Skulduggery who was currently fighting Billy-Ray, but he wouldn't listen, so Val ran up to him and yelled "MORTALS! STOP FIGHTING!" Skulduggery heard this time and roared in her face "I KNOW!" Valkyrie suddenly cowered back. She was scared of him now. But she needed to stop the fight, so she grabbed Skulduggery's bony arm and pulled him away, but he spun round to her and punched her right across the jaw. Valkyrie screamed and fell to the floor, now utterly terrified. Her best friend had just hit her, with so much force it felt like he meant it '.....wait.....did he mean it...' Valkyrie though as she looked up to se Skulduggery still fighting Sanguine. He did mean it. Tears came to Valkyries eyes and he jumped up and ran. She didn't care where she just needed to get away.

She had been running for a while now and her lungs were screaming at her, so she stopped and walked into the public toilets. She looked in the mirror and started to cry at what he had done to her. Her jaw had been dislocated and most definitely broken. She was missing a few teeth and blood was dribbling down her chin staining her jacket. She didn't know what to do so she called Tanith "T....Tanith" She sobbed

"Val! Whats wrong? Where are you"

"Um......Skulduggery....hit me and my jaw is.....broken and im.....missing teeth......and there's blood everywhere!" the line was silent for a minute and her dark voice finally came through "Ill kill him! ILL FRIGGIN KILL HIM!"

"T....Tanith....please come get me......im in so.....much pain....."

"Alright Val where are you?"

"Im in the.....toilets next......to Tesco...."

"Alright Val. Its gonna be ok....im coming now. Ill be there in five!" With that she hung up and Valkyrie cried into her knees. Five minutes later Tanith walked in and gasped "Val!" she said and bent down to me "Val, look at me I want to see what he has done!" Valkyrie slowly lifted her head so Tanith could see. Tanith gasped and put a hand over her mouth and a tear rolled down her face. She removed her hand and her face twisted with anger "He's gonna die today!" she said and helped Val stand, "I don't think your in any fit state to put a helmet on are you" Valkyrie just shook her head "Well your gonna have to ride without one. YOLO!" Tanith shouted and Val laughed. She climbed onto the bike and Tanith drove to the sanctuary.

When they arrived the Bentley was parked out side and Tanith's face slowly twisted with anger. She lead Val into the sanctuary with her hand around Vals shoulders. They walked in and Skulduggery sat head down ,he didn't notice them and Tanith snarled and Val broke down. Skulduggery's head shot up and he saw Val with blood dripping down her chin and a dislocated jaw "VAL! What happened to you?" Skul said and he got up to go and comfort Val, but she jerked away and cried into Taniths shoulder "Ill deal with you in a minute Pleasant" Tanith snarled as she lead Val to Kenspeckle.

Tanith left her with him and walked back to Skulduggery who was standing up, Tanith didn't even look at his face she just pulled him tie and lead him outside. They got outside and Tanith turned and hit Skulduggery across the jaw as hard as she could "HOW DOES IT FELL! HUH! BEING HURT BY ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS!" She yelled into his face and slapped him "OUCH!" Skulduggery roared "I ONLY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO VAL!"

"YOU HAPPENED SKULDUGGERY! YOU HIT HER ACROSS THE JAW YOU IDIOT" Skulduggery looked shocked and said "Oh, did I?" Tanith hit him again "YES YOU DID YOU BASTARD!"

"Well apologise to her from me" he said and walked off "YOUR A SICK BASTARD SKULDUGGERY! YOUR A DISCRASEFUL EXCUSE OF A MAN YOU COWARD" She yelled back as Skulduggery walked off like nothing happened. Ok now he was going to die again.