Until the end

Skulduggery and Valkyrie were currently in the Bentley speeding down the motorway trying to catch Sanguine. Skulduggery was going at 80 miles an hour and he couldn't go any faster so he just hoped that Sanguine would run out of gas. Valkyrie was sat next to him debating whether or not to do something heroic or stay safe. Suddenly Sanguine emerged from the sun roof from the car and he stood on the top of the car grinning at them "Were never going to catch up Skul!" Valkyrie yelled trying to get him to hear her over the wind "We will!" Skulduggery yelled back, but Valkyrie knew they weren't so she had to take matters into her own hands, "Listen Skul, I need to ask you something?" She said with tears in her eyes "Val, whats wrong!" Skulduggery asked frantically "I need you to tell my parents and everyone else that I love them-"

"VAL! What are you tal-"

"And I need to tell you that I love you o much! Ok!" Valkyrie said and kissed Skulduggery's teeth gently and unbuckled her belt "VAL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Skulduggery roared but Valkyrie opened her door and looked down at the speeding ground, so she took a large breath before grabbing the top of the car with her hands and just before she pulled herself up Skulduggery grabbed her "VAL DONT DO THIS PLEASE!" Tears shed from her eyes and she simply said "Until the end!" and hauled her self up onto the roof of the car and walked carefully down to the bonnet where she could see Skulduggery yelling at her to get back in but she didn't she just kept her eyes locked on the grinning face of Sanguine. Valkyrie took a step back and ran forward and few steps before jumping and reaching for Sanguine who didn't know what was going on. Valkyrie tackled Sanguine and they both rolled of the speeding car onto the road where they both were braced for what was about to happen next. The Bentley was going too fast and it eventually ran them both over and Valkyrie died.

Skulduggery realised what he had done and braked the car and ran out over to Valkyrie and shook her "VAL!" he screamed and searched for a pulse but it wasn't there. After a while of sobbing later he took Val and placed her in the Bentley, and drove to the sanctuary. But Valkyries death had not been in vein, for Sanguine had died too. Val had died a hero.