The animal inside (Part 1)

"Ooooooo! You like Erskine!" Skulduggery teased for what had to be the hundredth time in 5 minutes and Valkyrie was starting to get annoyed "Shut up!" She snarled and Skulduggery laughed "Its ok Val, everyone knows you like Erskine its fine!"

"I do not like him!"

"Yes you do!"

"I don't!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do...NOT!" She yelled and Skulduggery backed up and just sat down, and they were silent for a while until "Do too..." Skulduggery said innocently and Valkyrie lost it and she pounced on Skulduggery faster than she had ever had before, and he just laughed while he was being tackled, "Do too!" he yelled repeatedly. That's when Valkyrie felt the pain in her mouth and her eyes widened and she got off Skulduggery and backed away slowly "I...I have to go." She said and Skulduggery got up and chuckled a bit "Val, I was only playing!" he said and tried to hug her but she dodged it "Val?" he said concerned "Just....just leave me alone ok! Don't follow me!" she yelled and quickly walked out the door and clutched her mouth and let out a moan of pain "Val, whats wrong!" Skulduggery shouted after her "Nothing! Just stay away please! Im going to hurt you!" Valkyrie fell to the floor and screamed before she felt the large teeth in her mouth and just as Skuludggery knelt down beside her he jumped up and pushed him away and ran to her bedroom with Skuluduggery on her tail really panicking now "Val, Please! Tell me whats wrong I can help you!"

"No you cant!" she yelled back and Skulduggery gasped as he caught a glimpse of black cat ears on her head "VAL!" he yelled and turned her around and saw her face. Her teeth were razor sharp and she had whiskers growing quickly and her eyes were orange and Skulduggery just gasped as he saw claws growing from her fingers "Val what is happening!" he yelled desperately "We need to get you to Kenspeckle now!" he yelled and was about to pick her up when she growled at him and swiped his arm with her claws and he yelled in pain and fell down. Valkyrie now had a black tail and fell to the floor on all fours and slick black fur started to grow out of her body and Skulduggery backed away and turned for one second to grab his phone but as soon as he reached it there was a growl and he slowly turned his head, to see a black panther stalking towards him "Oh. My. God!" he said to shocked to do anything else and then the panther ran at him.