Why so serious (part 2)

Ghastly jumped out of his van and ran into the sanctuary at speed! He looked around frantically for Valkyrie's room but he couldn't find it so he went up to the reception desk "Hello, Elder Be-"

"Where is Valkyrie Cain's room?"

"Um....room 16 upstairs!" The receptionist said and Ghastly rushed up to the elevator and pushed the button for level 2 and the elevator immediately started. he arrived at level 2 and stormed out and ran into Vals room but as soon as he opened the door he gasped and stopped in shock. Val was sat on the bed with two scars running from her mouth to her cheekbone, to resemble the jokers scars, she had a permanent smile! Ghastly rushed forward and grabbed Valkyrie before pulling her into a hug while she sobbed into his shirt "I....look horrible Ghastly! I look evil! No wonder Skulduggery fired me as his partner!" She cried and Ghastly hugged her closer "Shhh, Val its ok! You look more beautiful than ever before ok! And if I could tell you one thing it would be: you are never broken as you think you are, sure you have a couple of scars and bad memories, but then again; all great heroes do!" Ghastly said and Val hugged him and said "Thanks......dad!" Ghastly smiled and said "Your welcome sweetheart!" he said and pulled Val onto his lap "Now what happened with Skulduggery?"

"Well Skulduggery told me he had gotten a new partner, so when I met her she said her name was 'Moe Lester" Ghastly sniggered "Yeah, and me and Tanith burst into laughter and Skul got mad and told me he didn't want to be my partner anymore!" Ghastly rubbed her back and said "Ill go sort him out then!" and put Val back onto the bed and kissed her forehead "You get some sleep! Im going skeleton hunting!" he said with a playfulness in his voice so Val smiled at his and slowly closed her eyes.

Ghastly had told Skulduggery to meet hi in his office and he had just arrived. Skulduggery strolled into the room with Moe by his side and Ghastlys face twisted with anger "Not to be rude, but I told you to come alone, this I a private matter!" Ghastly snarled "you wouldn't mind if Valkyrie was here!" Skulduggery said back "Because Valkyrie is the one who is meant to be here! And she would be if she wasn't in the sanctuary hospital right now, with no one by her side! Ghastly yelled and Skulduggery looked shocked "Why is she there?" his voice no more than a whisper "Moe, could you let me and Skulduggery to talk please?" Ghastly asked and Moe nodded and walked out, as Ghastly told Skul what happened "Oh....my god." Skulduggery stuttered and Ghastly nodded "Now I suggest you get up there now and comfort her! Because she needs her partner! She. Needs. You!" Ghastly said and Skulduggery nodded as he ran to Vals room.

He entered and gasped and his imaginary heart broke as he saw Val sat there with her scars "Oh, Val!" Skulduggery said and walked forward, and was about to hug her when she jerked away and out her head on the pillow and faced away from him and tears came to her eyes "Val, please I'm so, so sorry! I need you! I love you!" Skulduggery was crying now and Valkyrie was too, but she couldn't bare to see Skulduggery cry so she turned around and sat up a Skulduggery put his façade on to reveal tears falling from his emerald eyes "Im so sorry Val!" Skulduggery whispered, Val couldn't hold it any longer so she cupped Skulduggery's face with her hand and the other one stroked his cheek gently and wiping the tears away "I love you too." She whispered and brought her lips to his and kissed him softly. Skulduggery's arm went around her waist and he pulled her onto his lap and her hand got tangled in his raven black hair and he whimpered her mouth as Val stoked his jaw line with her index finger. Skulduggery didn't want to break the kiss so he gently pushed Val's head forward a bit so there foreheads were touching, indicating he didn't want her to stop. But Val was running out of breath so she pulled away  and breathed in and Skulduggery grinned and brought his lips to hers once again to continue the kiss. He had never felt happier