Fallen Angel (Prologue)

Valkyrie was sat on the couch watching TV feeling slightly depressed. Skulduggery had got a new girlfriend, and the worst thing about it is that she is actually pretty! She has long white hair with grey eyes and pale white skin. She is a bone breaker, which you couldn't tell from her appearance, she looks so innocent! Her name is Perry Winkle (I don't even know...) and to be quite honest it suits her appearance, but what really pisses Valkyrie of is that she is jealous of her! Skulduggery is meant to be her boyfriend! Not Perry's!

But anyway, Valkyrie was searching through channels when there was a knock on the door, so she got up and went to answer it, but as she was about too, Skulduggery ran and shoved her out the way and Valkyrie hit her head on the wall causing it to dent "What the HELL Skulduggery!" she shouted and glared at him who merely shrugged but Valkyrie wasn't having it so before he went to open it Valkyrie grabbed his arm "What is with you lately?" she shouted and Skulduggery glared at her "Nothing!"

"I dont believe that one bit!"

"So you don't trust me now!"

"I didn't say that!"

"But you meant it!"

"No i didnt! Valkyrie snarled and Skulduggery kept glaring as he lent down so there noses were almost touching "I don't tolerate people who treat me like a child!" he snarled "And I dont tolerate people who think of me like a child!" she snarled back and kept her glare clean on her face as he opened the door "Hello Sweetie!" Perry said and kissed him. Oh yes and Skulduggery was human! And a hot one at that, he was like a bloody model, "Hello! Come in!" he said and pulled her in where they proceeded to make out on the couch, so Valkyrie snarled and stormed upstairs because the couch was now occupied. She slammed the door and flopped down onto her bed and screamed into her pillow, she stayed like this for a while before her phone rang, so she pulled it out of her pocket and answered "Hello?"

"HEYYY!" Tanith shouted and Valkyrie immediately smiled, if there was anyone that cold cheer her up, it was Tanith "Hey, girl! Wassup?"

"Im going town! You wanna come?"

"Yeah, sure! Pick me up?"

"Yeah, ill be there in 10!"

"Okay, see ya then! Bye!"

"Bye!" she hung up and walked up to her wardrobe where she changed into a pair of black jeans and a burgundy hoody that was way to big for her, as it reached the middle of her thighs, and some black converses and headed downstairs and looked in the living room to see Skulduggery topless and Perry looking messy, so she coughed and they both turned to her "Um...im going town with Tanith...uh...ill be going now!" she stammered and practically ran out the door. She went to the top of the drive and sat down waiting for Tanith trying to get that image out of her head "Stupid Skulduggery with his stupid girlfriend making out in my house." she muttered to herself, just then Tanith parked up beside her and Valkyrie grinned at her and she hopped on the bike and they sped of to town.

Tanith and Valkyrie were looking in forever 21 when they saw Skulduggery and Perry wondering around, so Tanith turned to Valkyrie and said "Lets make him jealous." Valkyrie grinned and said "Ok you go get his attention and ill change into this dress." Tanith grinned and hopped over to them while Valkyrie got changed "Hey guys! What are you doing here?" Tanith asked cheerily "Oh, were just here for something to do, we were bored." Skulduggery explained but suddenly frowned "Wheres Valkyrie?"

"Oh shes just getting changed into a dress. Were going to dinner with Ghastly and Erskine later and we were just dress shopping!"

"Oh well tell her we said h-" but her stopped talking when he saw Valkyrie come out the changing rooms, she looked beautiful. She was wearing a black plain black dress that was sleeveless and finished shorter at the front but reached the floor at the back, with plain black heals. Tanith grinned as she walked over "What do you think?" she asked and Tanith started to squeal and jump up and down "Val, you look GORGEOUS!" she shouted and hugged her, "Oh hey Skul." she said and smiled thinly "Hi Val." he said and half smiled "How are you?"

"Fine."

"ok, are you going to the dinner?"

"We are now."

"Right. See you there then."

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye." she said and Skulduggery and Perry walked of "Wow, there was a bit of tension there, you ok?"

"We had a fight earlier."

"oh, well you'll make up later."

"Yeah, maybe." Valkyrie said and went back to the changing rooms where she got changed back into her original clothes and bought the dress.

At dinner...

Valkyrie and Tanith walked into the restaurant, arms linked chatting to eachother. Valkyrie had the dress on that she was wearing before and a little bit of make up, while Tanith had a wine red floor length dress that ruffled out from the waist down. Ghastly and Erskine were already at the table with Skulduggery and Perry, so Valkyrie forced a smile on her face as she walked up to them "Hey all!" Tanith said and sat down in-between Ghastly and Erkine so Valkyrie was force to sit Between Skulduggery and Erskine. Everyone was chatting except for Valkyrie and Skul so he tried to start conversation "How are you?"

"Fine." she said without looking at him 

"You look nice,"

"Thanks."

"Right, I take your not talking to me."

"Well done."

"For gods sake! Whats wrong Val?"

"Your the detective, figure it out." she snarled and Skulduggery sighed "Can we talk about this outside?"

"Fine." she said and got up with Skulduggery and walked outside receiving confused glances from there friends "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" he asked and Valkyrie glared "You! Putting words in my mouth! And treating me like a child!" she shouted and Skulduggery sighed "I honestly don't see a problem!"

"You and your girlfriend!"

"Whats wrong with Perry?"

"Whats right with her! Apart from her being pretty! What do you see in her exactly?"

"Shes kind, caring, lovable, pretty, soft!"

"Yeah, you might aswell get a puppy if that's what you look for in women." she muttered angrily

"Yeah, shes also reliable and reasonable unlike someone im thinking of now!"

"Your not paying attention to me anymore!"

"I pay attention to you!"

"Really, then I suppose you know that my parents were killed in a car accident last week, and that ive been depressed about it! Or that ive been cutting! Do you know!" Valkyrie screamed and Skulduggerys expression softened and he grabbed her arm and looked at her wrists which were absolutely covered in scars and cuts "Val...I-"

"Save it Skulduggery, you obviously don't care, you don't have to act like it!" she yelled and stormed off leaving Skulduggery behind.

Valkyrie got back home and ran upstairs to her bathroom and brought out a knife, and instead of cutting her wrist she went straight for her stomach, and as she plunged it in Tanith burst through the door, but it was too late, Valkyrie had already died...

To be continued.....