A true man

Skulduggery walked calmly into Valkyries living room, prepared for what was about to happen. They had been dating for a year now but since Valkyrie lost control and became Darquesse, Skulduggery had become somewhat......intimidated by her, and he was scared that she was going to hurt him so he had to make the right decision, "Valkyrie..." he said softly and sat down next to her "Yeah?"

"We need to talk."

"About what?"

"Us..."

"Go on"

"Well, ever since you became Darquesse I have been feeling intimidated, and I feel like you could get mad at any moment and attack me. Maybe possibly....kill me..." Skulduggery said and Valkyrie could feel tears pricking in her eyes "Y...your afraid of me....aren't you?" Skulduggery hesitated "In a sense, yes."

"Oh..." was all she said before a tear ran down her cheek, but she recovered by looking up and smiling at him "Its ok, I suspected this would happen and I was prepared for it. But all I want is for you to be happy, and your obviously not, and that's ok..." she said and wiped away a tear, when Skulduggery took her hand and tilted her head up to meet his gaze "Valkyrie, I am happy, its just....that that thing just gets in the way."

"I guess I would be described as a 'thing' now." She said sadly and Skulduggery hugged her tight "I didn't mean it like that Val. I also cant give you a family, I cant give you things a man can give you." Skulduggery said sadly and Valkyrie looked him dead in the eye "Skulduggery, what are you?"

"Im a skeleton."

"No! What are you?"

"....I just told you....im a skeleton..." he was confused now

"Skulduggery, you only view yourself for what you are on the outside, not for who you really are on the inside. On the outside, sure your a skeleton, but on the inside you are a man. You are the most intelligent, inspirational, funny, creative man I have ever known and will ever know, because your perfect. You think I really care that you cant give me a family? The only thing I care about is you, because your all I need. I need you. I need my Skulduggery." Valkyrie said and Skulduggery started to gasp and his skeletal frame started to shake. He was crying. Valkyrie tapped his façade symbols etched into his collar bone, to reveal fresh tears rolling down his face from his emerald eyes, so she put a hand on his face and he rested his head against it as she brushed away the tears that were freely running down his cheeks, and he sighed and kissed her gently and put his protective arms around her "Im sorry." he said and laughed "I cant believe im crying." and wiped his eyes and Valkyrie smiled softly and rested her head on his shoulder and kissed his cheek "Its ok, you can still leave if you want to. I wont stop you if you do." but Skulduggery just kissed her hard, and pulled her closer and she responded just as enthusiastically by wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his head closer as there lips moved together in sync.

About an hour later they were cuddled up in Valkyries bed, completely naked, ( I wont explain how, but I have a good feeling that you can figure it out yourselves!) and Skulduggery smiled down at Valkyrie who was grinning up at him "So im guessing you don't want to leave?"

"You would be right, im not leaving you. We will destroy Darquesse, I don't care how, but we will. I promise!" he said and kissed her passionately and she grinned when they broke apart "Thanks Skul. I love you."

"I love you too. Now get some rest, we have a busy day tomorrow."

"Doing what?"

"A round 2!" he exclaimed and Valkyrie laughed and kissed him once more before falling asleep in the arms of the man she loves.