397

Advice Request
This person wants advice on how to break up with their girlfriend.

Answered Submission
Hi!

What she did and how she made you feel really isn't nice, and I can understand why you want to break up with her. I think you should definitely talk to her about what she did and why she did it. Explain how it made you feel, and then tell her what you want to do and what you want to happen next. I advise that you make sure that you remain calm and mature about it all. Don't let anything turn into an argument because that won't help the situation.

I can't really give any advice on how you should break up with her. That's something that you would need to decide on; just don't do it in a busy or public place where you could attract a lot of attention. Make sure that it's just you two involved because, if anyone else is involved (such as friends), then that might get messy as people might start to pick sides, and an argument might become more heated.

Obviously, people will get hurt and subsequently might become a little mad, but it won't stay that way forever. You have every right to be doing what you are doing. What she did was wrong, so don't let anyone make you feel guilty for putting yourself and your feelings first.

I hope this helps,

The Advice Column Team