392

Advice Request
This person has been feeling really sad lately due to many reasons.

Answered Submission
Hello there!

First of all, it is normal to feel sad about all the things that are happening in your life all at the same time. I’ll try my best to help you in order to make you feel better.

It is never fun when parents fight, so I understand why you would feel overwhelmed with them constantly fighting. I am also sorry that your parents are pushing you to do something you are not comfortable with. What I think you should do is talk to your parents about it. Tell them about your real feelings because there might be a possibility that they do not notice or understand what’s going on in your head right now because they are having their own conflict. Try to have a talk with one of your parents at first, if talking to both of them at the same time would be too much for you.

To have your only friend move schools and to have your crush move away too are not the best things to experience at the same time. It’s okay to feel sad over them leaving. It is completely normal, and you should not bottle up your feelings. Talk it out with someone, be it your school counsellor or your friend who's moving away. Just don’t blame your friend for changing schools. Most likely, it is not something that she/he can control.

If talking to someone is not something you’re comfortable with doing, you could vent your feelings out by writing them down on a piece of paper. Writing out your feelings is a good way to deal with problems when everything becomes too much. That’s what I do when I’m stressed, and believe me, it works.

Secondly, it is good for you to keep yourself busy. Try something new, pick up a new hobby, or just do anything that might fill up your free time so that you won't dwell on your sad feelings.

Lastly, my advice for them moving away is to stay in touch. If it’s possible, you can still stay in contact with your crush and also your friend through social media and/or text messaging. As hard as it is for me to say this to you, you have to remember that your friendship is not going to be the same from now on because you and your friend are in different places. However, if both of you are willing to make it work, with a little bit of effort, you can still keep in touch with her/him.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best in everything.

Love,

The Advice Column Team.