318

Advice Request
This person doesn't know how to confess their feelings to their crush.

Answered Submissions
Hi there!

So, right now you're conflicted with whether or not you should confess to him, right?

First of all, I just want to say that you might not like some of the things I am going to say, and I truly apologize for that. My personal goal is to make everyone happy, and this is what I see as something that's right.

Loving someone for two years is a long time. And I know how hard it will be for you to forget him—that is, if you decide to move on from him.

I understand why you are conflicted. You want to confess to him because you've loved him for a long time, but at the same time, he's already dating someone else.

Personally, from my point of view, it would be best if you don't confess for now. He's been dating someone for a long time, and that means something. To suddenly barge into their lives with your feelings would be interrupting their relationship. Since he is in a relationship, you're going to have to respect him, the relationship, and also the person he's in a relationship with.

If he's not dating someone, it isn't a problem. So if you really feel like you have to confess no matter what, my advice would be for you to wait until you're both single.

I know you are a kind girl, and you've said it yourself that you want him to be happy wherever he is, so I know you will make a wise decision about this.

There are also people that have said, "All's fair in love and war," and so it would be okay to confess to him even while he's in a relationship. Said people might also say that, as long as you can take 'no' for an answer, you should confess. Even if it's not my personal view, I understand where that point of view is coming from. At the end of the day, it's up to you to confess or to not confess. Making a list of why you should confess and why you should not confess might be a good idea. Just remember to keep that list as honest and as real as possible.

But if what I think matters, I just want to say that you should wait for the reasons I have mentioned earlier.

I really hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with anything you decide.

With love,

The Advice Column Team