244

Advice Request
The requester likes a shy person and doesn't know how to progress their relationship.

Answered Submission
Hey there,

He sounds like a really sweet guy. Since he's shy, it's probably really hard for him to show interest as much as he wants to, let alone admit that he likes you if that's the case. Which is why you'd be doing him a great favor by making the first move and asking him out or confessing your feelings.

By the sound of it, it seems like he does have a thing for you — then again, perhaps he's only being nice and gentlemanly with his actions. The only way you can find out for sure about his feelings is by asking him directly.

The only person who could tell you whether he likes you or not is him.

If you do decide to confess, or ask him about his feelings, things will most likely progress on their own from there. However, if you still don't feel ready to confess, that's fine. There is no rush. In fact, taking things slowly is probably better, especially considering how shy he is.

You could perhaps progress with small things, such as bringing up topics you'd bring up with a close friend, opening up a to him about something (which will encourage him to open up in return) or maybe even trying to hold his hand again since he accepted that situation the first time.

Until something more happens, do enjoy your friendship with him and cherish those lovely little moments you share.

Best of luck!
The Advice Column