221

Advice Request
The requester has a crush on their best friend and wants to be more than friends. They want to know how to get their friend to feel the same way.

Answered Submission
Hi there!

My advice would be for you to communicate with her. For example, did she give you any other reason apart from not wanting to hurt your feelings? If so, what were those reasons? If not, then speak to her again and explain how you're feeling. Let her explain how she feels, too.

Honestly though, it might be a case of her not feeling the same as you do, and she might want to just stay as friends. Also, you say you don't know what to do to make her feel the same. My answer/advice here is that there isn't anything you can do, because feelings cannot be forced. So, if she doesn't feel the same way as you do about her, then you will have to be a good friend by putting your feelings aside and remaining friends without pushing her into anything. Let her know that you would be okay to wait, if she needs to think about it, but also let her though that, even though it will hurt your feelings, you'll be okay to be just friends. I say this because I know what it's like to like a friend but not have them like you back. The fact is that it's better to have them in your life as a friend than to not have them at all.

I hope everything works out.
The Advice Column Team