330

Advice Request
The requester likes someone who they think also likes them, however both of them are shy.

Answered Submission
Hello!

I think the greatest way to start everything is to approach him and become his friend. This way, you can get more used to him and not be so nervous and shy around him. This will help when you decide to talk to him about how you feel about him. However, for now, I would advise you to not worry about if he likes you back or if he thinks you are weird.

Here's a helpful list of things you can do to figure out this situation:

1. Start approaching him casually by saying hi or good morning when you bump into him. A simple smile would be good also, and if there is time in your class or even when you're outside the class, you can talk to him about the class. This is an easy icebreaker to go with. You could ask him, 'Hey, what do you think of today's class?' Allow him to get used to you talking to him. If you can't try this with him immediately, you can practice it with your other friends first.

2. Compliment him. Tell him what you think of him—his fashion sense, his skills, his appearance, etc. This would actually be a great conversation starter. Ask him if he's always been good at singing or if he had to practice.

3. Ask him to hang out. After you have grown closer to him, that will be a great time to ask him out, or if you feel like it's still too fast, you can try to ask him to hang out as a friend first.

4. Don't overthink. The first rule of doing something is to not overthink it too much. I know you are worried that something might happen and embarrass you, but it's always a matter of 'Just do it.' Even if you end up embarrassing yourself, usually it's only a thing that you think is embarrassing, but in reality, no one thinks so. Some people might even think it's cute.

I hope this really helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the guy.

With lots of love,
The Advice Column Team