319

Advice Request
The requester is hurting due to someone they held dear leaving their life, and are now having suicidal thoughts.

Answered Submission
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been hurt like that by a person you love. As hard as it may seem, eventually you will start to feel better, this pain won't last forever.

Most important of all, I need you to understand that although right now this guy may seem like the brightest thing he just may not be the right one for you. I understand that you have feelings for him, but he clearly does not return them, not the way you deserve.

He was dating another girl whom he did not tell you about (although you were friends), and all the while giving you hope that there may be something between you two. That alone was very irresponsible and selfish of him. When a guy deserves you, he will respect you enough to make such things clear to you. This guy obviously does not deserve you, not this way. He shouldn't have lead you to believe that he liked you back, not when he was dating someone or when it wasn't the complete truth.

This may be a very hard thing to do, but do try to move on. Make sure you know what kind of treatment and respect you deserve. Don't let anyone toy with you or your feelings. Do find someone you can talk to about this, and do seek professional help if the thoughts revolving suicide are still ongoing.

Overcoming something like this isn't easy, but it isn't impossible.

With love,
The Advice Column