374

Advice Request
The requestor's boyfriend tends to ignore her and talks to other girls.

Answered Submission
Hey!

To me, it looks like he stayed because he doesn't want to hurt you. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think you should worry about losing him when he isn't yours to begin with. Rather, worry about losing yourself because he's having so much of an effect on you.

Darling, you can't control how people feel, or how you feel, for that matter. If he's having no problem talking to other girls but doesn't talk to you, this indicates something. Also, the fact that he tried to break up saying he felt like a 'burden,' only shows a red flag. He probably said that because he couldn't say he didn't really want to be with you.

But that's what I think it is about. There could be another side to this story. He might actually be shy because he shares a different relationship with you than he does with other girls. Here's how you are going to find out if he's really interested or not: talk to him. I suggest you do that in person, just to see how he reacts. If he starts blaming himself, he's probably not into you, because if he really felt like he was a burden to you, he'd never have stayed to begin with.

Take it slow, and do not overthink. Be confident in yourself. That's what intimidates guys. *wink*

Love,
The Advice Column Team