302

Advice Request
The requester is apprenhesive of starting a relationship with someone younger than her.

Answered Submission
Hi!

The first thing I want to say is don't worry about not having a boyfriend. There are plenty of people who are your age and have never had a relationship either. There's no set age where you have to have a boyfriend.

You say that you think things between you and the boy could be progressing to something more than friends but are worried about what people would think of you if you did start a relationship with him. I have a quick question: do you worry about what people think of you and him being friends? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't worry about what they might think if a relationship does happen. Obviously, you're not too worried what people are thinking or saying about you two being friends, so you shouldn't let other people's opinions get in the way of a relationship developing. One thing I would advise on though is the 2-year age gap between you two. His maturity levels might not progress the same way yours may, and considering you will be ready to leave school soon, this could have an effect on the relationship. However, if you like him, and he likes you, and you both want to be together, then I say go for it and see what happens.

I hope this helps!
The Advice Column Team