284

Advice Request
This person is afraid to say "I love you" to their boyfriend.

Answered Submission
Hey there!

I'm glad that he told you he loves you! It's an amazing feeling. However, it is slightly strange that you haven't met him more than once. Nevertheless, that doesn't seem to bother you too much. If it does start to, I do suggest having a chat with your boyfriend about it because both people should feel comfortable with each other in a relationship.

Anyway, on to your main concern. Saying "I love you" is a big step in a relationship, and, hey, your boyfriend understands that it can be rather daunting. That's good. Don't worry too much about it! I know that it feels unfair because he's already said it, but it's better to say it when you're happy and content with saying it, as opposed to feeling pressured into it. There's no point in forcing yourself into saying it because feelings just appear out of nowhere, and when they do appear, they're strong and make everything worthwhile. If you still do feel bad, show your boyfriend that you care in other ways! Just support him and be there for him like you would.

I hope this helps!

Love,

The Advice Column Team

Hi,

It's normal to feel nervous in situations like that. After all, a boy you really like says he loves you! As long as he understands why you can't say it back things should be fine. You shouldn't feel terrible about it. There is no rush really to admit all of your feelings at once.

I think you should relax and enjoy what you have with him. If you still can't shake off the nervousness then perhaps you could spend more time with him in real life. You said he lives not so far away from you — I see no reason why you shouldn't meet more often. I'm sure the more you get to know him in person the more comfortable you'll grow with each other's presence. The more relaxed you are with him the easier it'll be to admit your feelings both to yourself and to him.

Hope this helps!
The Advice Column