313

Advice Request
This person is afraid she is going to be rejected.

Answered Submission
Hello!

I know it's tough, but the only way for you to know how he feels is to ask him. He smiled, and smiling is always associated with positive thought, so I can at least say that it's unlikely that he hates you. But as for his true feelings, you can only know if you personally ask him.

Since he already knows your true feelings, I think it would be great for you to just directly ask him what he feels, and if you want to, you can always ask him out to a date or for you guys to hang out together. This can allow you to get to know him better.

I can't really say if you're going to be rejected or not because, as I've mentioned before, I don't know his true feelings. Only he knows how he feels. However, I don't see any reasons for you to fret much about it. He seems to be okay with your feelings since he smiled when your friend told him about it. There are a lot of reasons as to why he didn't say anything when your friend told him. Listing it down will mean nothing as the only one who knows the real reason is him. So I want you to just go for it.

There are cases where a person might not like you like that at first, but with a little bit of effort from your end, he might end up returning your feelings. Real life isn't always like the movies where the couple automatically falls in love with each other, so don't be afraid to try to win his heart.

As a person who's advising you, I want you to open your mind to possibilities that he might reject you. I know rejection is hard. When is it easy, right? You'll be sad, or even angry. But I want you to know being rejected is something inevitable throughout our lives; be it rejection from a teacher for our work or a rejection from a love interest. Things don't always go our way. So I want you to know that it's okay to cry over it. But I promise you that that heartbreak would go away. In time, you would understand why things happened a certain way. If it ever comes to being rejected regarding your situation with your crush, it's okay to be sad, but don't drown yourself in it forever.

Nonetheless, I still feel like you have a good chance with your crush. I'm rooting for you.

I really hope this helps. Good luck!

Love,

The Advice Column Team