219

Advice Request
This person is tired of telling off the people who try to put them down.

Answered Submission
Hi!

Before I say anything, I want to say this one thing: no one—and by 'no one,' I really mean no one—deserves to be put down by others.

It doesn't matter how you look, how you are, or even who you are; it is never the right thing to do. Putting down others, to me, is a form of hating.

If you really think that they're doing something wrong, you should not insult them. Instead, you should guide them. It's sort of like writing. Most writers hate people who plainly bash their writings. They love criticism, but it's constructive criticism that they want.

I don't know how much you weigh or how your body is, but even if you have a body that does not fit the usual standard of beauty that society accepts, people still have no right to put you down about it.

So, I will say something that is very cliché. Haters are going to keep on hating. Just ignore them, and keep on living your life.

Ignoring people is not easy, I know, but haters are never really relevant. Even if they think your body does not fit their standard, it never grants them rights to be rude to you. I don't know if they're just plain obnoxious and rude, or oblivious to your feelings. Either way, stop listening to them.

Focus on your own self, and be someone that you want to be. If you want to change, change for you, not for them—never change for them. We are unable to satisfy every other person's expectations of us.

"Not everyone will understand your journey. That's okay. You're here to live your life, not to make everyone understand." — Unknown Author

You're here to live your life, not to impress everyone.

With love,

The Advice Column Team