266

Advice Request
This person is having mixed feelings about their friend.

Answered Submission
Hey there!

Well, the fact that he does like having you over at his house means that he's genuinely interested in hanging out with you! Perhaps he simply doesn't want to talk about girls with you and wants to talk about other things, since he considers you his best friend. However, another reason could be the classic "trying-to-make-you-jealous" tactic. He could be talking about girls in front of you to other people but not talking about them directly to you since he'd rather talk about more interesting things. Maybe he doesn't want to hurt you by being in your face about it.

I believe saying that you're best friends is just him wanting to establish the fact that you are best friends and that he cares about you as a best friend does. In regards to the ignoring thing: it could have something to do with him being teased by his guy mates, perhaps, for having a girl as a best friend. I'm sure it can be very hurtful to have him say that you are indeed best friends and then proceed to ignore you at school, so I really do suggest having a one-on-one chat with him regarding the issue. Tell him that it's very much bothering you because best friends don't act like they aren't friends, and they don't ignore each other.

Good luck!

Love,

The Advice Column Team