272

Advice Request
This person's crush has a girlfriend.

Answered Submission
Hi,

Well, seeing as this guy already has a girlfriend I think it's best that you don't try to make any moves. Sure, he may be overly affectionate towards you but to be safe let's assume that there could be several reasons. It could be that he is always this nice with his female friends, or perhaps he's a player, or maybe even he truly likes you. Whichever it is, I suggest you don't jump to conclusions and just let things be.

I understand how hard it must be for you to having feelings for someone in a relationship, let alone someone who gives you so much care and attention. Still, though, as much as it hurts, do try to hold back. Making any moves or confessing your feelings would 1) be very unfair to his girlfriend 2) could result in many problems. Which is why unless he admits something first or leaves his relationship, I think you should keep your feelings under cover.

If it makes you uncomfortable having him acting that way towards you when he has a girlfriend perhaps you can ask him to stop doing these affectionate things. Make it clear that you don't have anything against him, you just wouldn't like his girlfriend to assume that there's something going on between you two.

If he does happen to have feelings for you I'm sure he'll reveal them in a clearer way at some point. For now, try to savour the friendship. Being simply good friends with someone can be much more beautiful than you imagine.

Hope this helps!

The Advice Column