232

Advice Request
The requester has spent the past few years at a private school and is finding the transition to a public school challenging. They are finding it hard to make friends and fit in.

Answered Submission
Hello!

I understand why you feel lonely as you have changed schools, and I'm sure you meet a lot of new people that you don't know. However, you can try to help yourself by making close friends or best friends. Having best friends in your life would make everything better. It doesn't matter if you only have few friends, but if the time that is spent is with your friends or your trusted ones, you would never feel lonely.

So how do you make friends? You can just randomly hit your classmates with conversations and find out if you guys share the same hobbies or interests. You could also join a club and interact with people from that club to make friends there.

It's okay to not be sure about who you're crushing on. Take it slow. Explore your feelings first. If you want to have only one crush, then see who you like more. It's okay to be confused, because feelings are confusing. Even adults have troubles when it comes to feelings.

In the case of whether you should bring your phone or not, I would like to take this matter and look at it through the 'do you need it?' perspective. If you need to bring your phone to school, then bring it. Don't mind what people would say about it. Even if they made fun of you, don't listen to them. Just brush it off, because it doesn't matter. If you don't feel like there's a need to bring your phone to school, then I would advise you not to bring it. However, if you really want to bring it, just bring it. The same rules still apply here. Don't listen to what people would say about it.

As you get older, you will find out that people are always going to talk. If you did things this way, this group of people would talk about it, but if you did it the other way, this other group of people would talk about it. There's no way of satisfying everyone, so just focus on yourself, and make sure that what you're doing is morally right.

Where do people your age shop? I would say that there's no definite answer. I, personally, would buy any clothes that I like because I don't think clothes have age restrictions. You can ask your friends for help in this matter and find out where they buy their clothes. I'm sure they would be happy to help. I apologize if this is not much help; I don't know where you live, so l don't know what stores are available in your place.

I hope this helps you.

Love,
The Advice Column Team