350

Advice Request
The requestor would like to transfer from a private school but doesn't want to seem ungrateful to their parents.

Answered Submission
Hello!

You should definitely talk to your parents about how you are feeling about school. It might not go as smoothly as you hope it will go, but it's still important that you discuss this with your parents.

Consider how long you have been at the school for. If you've only been there for a short while, then your parents will be less likely to let you move to online school. If you've been there for a long time and still aren't liking it, then they may be more lenient with your request.

One thing that could come from this is a compromise; your parents might not want you to leave the expensive school that you're currently at and also might not want you to enroll in online school, so a compromise of a different school might be offered.

The important thing in this situation that I'm sure your parents will also agree with is that you are happy at whichever school you go to. Your happiness and contentment with a school will have a hugely beneficial effect on your relationships there and on your school work.

I hope this helps,
The Advice Column Team